The Manager of PLM is a key position that will lead a team responsible for developing, implementing, and supporting Illumina’s Global Product Lifecycle Management and related systems, including working with the Engineering, Quality, NPI, Supply Chain and Finance organizations to create and manage the PLM IT budget and System Project Roadmap. The position will also be responsible for the PLM Systems Architecture and work closely with other application teams to help make key architectural and software development decisions to ensure strong and efficient Product Development, Transfer and Sustaining processes throughout Illumina systems. The position will also help develop and support implementing Digital Twin and Digital Thread strategy at Illumina.
This role requires a solid understanding and experience with modern PLM systems, a proven track record of project delivery, creation of high performance teams, and the ability to work in a matrixed environment.
- Transformation – Lead the PLM program – including project plans, vendor management, manage project scope communication and change leadership.
- Service Operations – manage the incident/problem/request processes for PLM/PDM business functions. Maintain SLA’s for system and application performance and service operations. Work with outside vendor and Application Management Service providers.
- Service Strategy - Working with engineering, quality, operations and finance leadership, develop & execute the IT budget & project roadmap
- Evaluate and propose a PLM Systems strategy to support Illumina’s growth
- Grow & mentor the IT team to support the Project Roadmap and Systems Strategy
- Work with the different GIS teams to help optimize Processes across all Illumina systems
- Working with Enterprise Architecture, create and deploy the Reporting Analytics Platform
- Service Transition – responsible and accountable for the successful execution of projects within the portfolio
- 8+ years PLM Systems project & support experience in a large scale, high volume environment
- 3+ years of experience as an IT leader, with demonstrated thought leadership and influence across an organization
- Proven track record of successful software projects in a large-scale, high growth environment
- Familiar with related ISO Standards, design controls, FDA and regulatory domain knowledge is a plus
- Expertise in SAP ERP and PLM preferably Siemens Teamcenter
- Experience in upgrades to Siemens Teamcenter and integration with SAP ERP is a plus
Required B.S. in either Computer Science (or related fields) or equivalent experience. Higher level degrees and certifications a plus.