At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Plan and manage resources, finances, scope and services within a functional area of Information Technology to deliver business results. The IT Planner collaborates with key stakeholders and portfolio leaders to create transparency into portfolio financials and overall health, support planning and execution of work, and helping with investment decisions based on strategic alignment of both Baseline and Project work in the portfolios. The IT Planner is key to the development and alignment of the business strategy, portfolio governance, demand management, prioritization, and resource management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Embedded member of the OCIO-Service Portfolio Management and Project Office, integral to the management of IT portfolio budgets include both baseline and project budgets. Providing guidance and review of monthly close process & variance analysis.
- Proactive monitoring, management and adjustment of portfolio investments to maintain enterprise wide visibility and business alignment.
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with Finance, Business Units and IT partners. Communicate status and performance to key stakeholders on a regular and ad-hoc basis. This includes transparency via monthly status reports, gathering and publication of monthly Performance Indicators (PI’s), with supporting commentary.
- Manage IT Planning team to execution daily support activities while providing performance evaluations, career development, and recognition.
- Provide coordination, support and deliverables related to emergent initiatives and special assignments with focus on sharing of business process expertise, continuous improvement and organizational effectiveness.
- Facilitate and align IT investment planning, via monthly Project Authorization and Long Range Planning for IT Projects; work collaboratively with IT and Business Unit Teams.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience in IT and/or a business area working with budgets & financial management.
- Broad business process expertise with in-depth knowledge of Finance and Business Planning activity
- Demonstrated planning skills with delivery of long and short-term goals
- Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to influence.
- Strong judgment; excellent analytical ability and consulting skills.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and business management; proven ability to present to and communicate with Senior and Executive Leaders
- Graduate degree. (Management IT and or Finance)
- Accountability for Commercial IT budget
- Directly manages 2 to 3 employees, and between 1 and 2 consultants at any time
- Responsible for identifying and/or processing offsets to reflect evolving and emergent needs
- Manage financial management process, including analysis of actual results to forecast and budget for labor/non-labor Baseline and Project Portfolios
- Facilitate and manage annual Baseline & Project LRP build and variance analysis in addition to supporting challenge sessions
- Management level reporting and presentations (i.e. MRMs)
- Analyze resource usage against budget and past trend
- Support project authorization process in various formats
- Identify new cost optimization opportunities and risks
- Oversee KPI development, tracking, and reporting
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.