$150K — $200K *
Manager, IT Operations
Under the direction of the IT Operations Director, the Manager/Sr. Manager, IT Operations is responsible for the administration and operation of all servers, storage, telephone and network service applications supporting FibroGen’s US business. This includes delivery of all day-to-day business services, management of computer server, storage and network equipment, the development and implementation of new technologies and services, management of system access and security controls, and the operation of backup technologies to protect company information assets.
This role has administrator level access to all of FibroGen systems and data. It is an extremely sensitive role requiring absolute trust and discretion. Decisions made in this position have an immediate and wide-ranging impact on the entire business.
• Plan/build/run the information technology infrastructure required to meet the on-going needs of the US business in accordance with IT strategic plans.
• Establish and maintain all infrastructure controls, policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory controls (SOX, GxP, and HIPPA).
• Manage and execute projects assigned by the Director, IT Operations as required.
• Meet with the Director, IT Operations on a weekly basis to review the status of projects assigned.
• Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on IT infrastructure contracts and projects.
• Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Maintain installation and configuration procedures. Develop and maintain system standards and work practice documents.
• Install new, rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all IT business services, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are protected in appropriate off-site locations.
• Add, change, and delete user accounts and mailboxes per request.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted departments.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, upgrade administrative tools and utilities and configure new services as necessary.
• Upgrade and configure system software. Maintain operational, configuration, and other procedures.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Maintain data center environmental, UPS and monitoring equipment. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
• Assist IT Helpdesk with installation of desktop software, and general technical questions related to hardware/software/network issues.
• Must be able to work effectively as an individual and as a team player.
• Must be experienced in project management with a full working knowledge of bio-pharmaceutical operations, and a detailed technical and process knowledge of the infrastructure needed to support this type of business.
• Must be able to apply a standard project methodology during implementation.
• Must be able to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Coaches and trains others within the IT department. Viewed as a role model by other team members.
• Self-motivated and highly skilled in current server and storage technologies with the ability to improve IT Operations processes and efficiency
• Able to develop operating procedures in accordance with the IT strategic plan.
Education/Expererience & Skill/Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline
• 3+ years managing IT operations in a regulated industry - biotech or pharmaceutical preferred
• 3+ years managing Cisco network equipment (ASA5500/Firepower, ACI Nexus, Meriaki & 3800 switches)
• 3+ years managing Microsoft Office 365 E3/E5/Sharepoint environments
• 3+ years running NetApp FAS 8000 series clustered storage hardware with CDOT ONTAP software.
• 5+ years managing Microsoft SQL Server
• 5+ years running operations on Microsoft Windows Server
• 5+ years running VMWare vSphere/vCenter Server on Cisco UCS series servers
• MCSE: Server Infrastructure/Messaging certification or CCNA/CCNP certification
• PMP Certification
• Experience working in an environment regulated by the FDA
• Experience in computer and network validation to GAMP5
• Experience working with laboratory systems in a pharmaceutical environment
Valid through: 8/19/2020