Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016), VMware vSphere 5.5-6.5 and VDI (Horizon View 6/7) Virtualization, Hyper-V, Cisco networking and SAN technology.
- Designs & supports enterprise-level storage systems (Pure, 3PAR, Netapp, VSAN) with VMWare ESXi virtualization platform based on business requirements which are secure/robust/reliable/scalable and aligned with enterprise architecture principles.
- Updates and maintains centralized information management systems (ticket systems, architecture diagram archives, CMDB, SOPs)
- Performs all aspects of monitoring, capacity planning, performance tuning and optimization, lifecycle management of storage and virtualization infrastructure within the enterprise.
- Provides technical evaluations, consulting, design for projects as required by the business.
- Participate in the formulation of the company's enterprise architecture and business system plans; assessing cost and feasibility, and ensuring the plan is aligned with our business value.
- Assist senior management team with the right planning and budgeting of company-wide IT infrastructure spending.
- Assist in implementing/complying with Information Security policies including compliance with all HIPAA and PCI related requirements
- Planning, project management and implementation leadership, identifying opportunities for cost savings, service quality improvement and vendor management.
- Familiar with HP, IBM and similar server hardware, firmware, and blade server technology
- Monitor and maintain data center environment, network and servers to ensure security, data integrity and availability for users. Must review log files on a scheduled basis and retrieve backup data when requested by authorized personnel.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance
- Research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- PowerShell, Perl, and other programming languages for automation
- Infrastructure services, such as LDAP, Active Directory, FTP, SQL databases
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and at times responding to emergency situations during off hours.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong work ethic, trust, integrity and accountability.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Moderate physical effort equal to occasional lifting or moving of computers/servers (up to 50 pounds).
- Monitor and maintain data center environment, network and servers to ensure security and availability for users. Must review log files on a scheduled basis and retrieve backup data when requested by authorized personnel.
- Responsible for backup operation, ensuring that required data is successfully backed up to appropriate media and disposition of media is managed properly to ensure timely recovery.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science) and 5-7 years of experience; or 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, sound judgment, strong analytical skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of Personnel Management experience in a corporate environment
- Experience in Data center management, DR Solutions, PCI compliance, HIPAA, 24X7 infrastructure
- Backup & Restore/DR (Veeam, NetBackup) and custom Robocopy / rsync and similar data replication techniques
- Providing infrastructuredesign and support services for Microsoft SQL 2008 - 2017
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Visio, Project).
- Experience with IT Strategy Development is a plus
- Must be extremely well organized, flexible, and responsive with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Cloud Services - Microsoft Azure. AWS a plus.
- Must be able to thrive in a team oriented environment
- Experience in a multi-regional healthcare, retail, or dental company.
- Experience in HIPAA & PCI environments / compliance
- Experience with MIM
- SSL Certificates and Managed PKI
- Hyper Converged Solutions including VMware, Simplivity,Nutanix & Cisco
- Traffic optimizers, such as Riverbed and F5 load balancers
- MCSE, VMware VCP or similar certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework or similar models for IT workflow
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy laws and practices is a plus