The Manager, Infrastructure Operations is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Systems Administration and Managed Services Administration for the Infrastructure operations of Bluegreen Vacations’ Information Technology department.
The Manager will split their time evenly between the resource management responsibilities for the team and performing technical work across the Infrastructure.
Duties of the role will include managing the workload of the team of fulltime associates and contractors, ticket/workload resource management, interaction with managed service providers supporting the environments, and ongoing performance management of individual staff with support from the Director of Infrastructure Operations. They will also be responsible for the daily management of tickets and resource allocation to ensure timely completion of workload and project needs. The Manager will be delivering solutions to core service and platform incidents, provide a 3rd line level of support to core services and maintenance of mission critical infrastructure.
• Manages the workload of the team of 6 fulltime and contractors,
• Ensures that all tickets are worked according to defined SLA’s
• Ensures that tickets not meeting SLA’s are escalated to the appropriate level.
• Works with Service Desk and key peer partners to manage expectations of workload and expected resolution of issues/requests
• Manages the interactions and division of labor with Managed Service Providers
• Ensures that Managed Service Providers are meeting predefined SLA’s for issue reolution
• Works with Managed Service Providers for accurate and timely reporting on SLA adherence
• Conducts performance management of individual staff with support from the Director of Infrastructure Operations.
• Leads daily operational status calls and department resource allocation
• Leads weekly Request For Change resource allocation and manage workload to resources and assignments
• Performs systems administration tasks for issues and to support key business inititives
• Assists in Root Cause Analysis for systems and issues
• Supports on-going projects of the ngineering team, development teams, and business partners
“We are an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. If offered employment, applicant must be willing to submit to a background check/drug test.”
• Bachelor's Degree preferred. Four years of relevant technical experience may be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree.
• 3 years in overseeing the management or lead of a technical team for daily operations.
• 10 years technical administration as a systems administrator
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Microsoft Windows Server (2008 R2 / 2012 R2 / 2016)
• Linux Server (RHEL v6 / 7)
• Active Directory
• Group Policy
• VMWare ESXi v5 & v6 and associated management tools
• Storage Management Experience (ideally Tintri)
• Experience in root cause fault analysis and problem management for Microsoft services based infrastructure, a grounding in understanding business customers and delivering quality in incident handling, root cause analysis, and a strong discipline for the creation of technical and process documentation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Project management skills.
• Strong analytical, innovative thinking, problem solving, issue resolution and documentation skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task.
• Strong communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
• MCSA, MCP, RHEL Certification, AWS Certification desired