Manager, IT Gaming Audit and Support
This position is responsible for providing leadership, guidance and oversight for gaming regulatory programs to which MGMRI Information Technology must comply. The Manager, IT Gaming Audit and Support will act as the Information Risk Management subject matter expert for gaming compliance and regulatory issues for the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB), other jurisdictional gaming boards and additional gaming regulatory requirements as they pertain to IT. This position will partner with all IT areas regarding remediation of gaming audit issues and ensure regulatory requirements are met, including, but not limited to technical standards and internal controls and processes. Working with Information Risk Management and all areas of IT, this position ensures remediation efforts are effective, validates current processes are in place, makes recommendations for enhancements and provides reporting.All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices, and procedures.
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise (SME) on regulatory matters related to gaming regulations as well as other gaming regulatory issues as required.
- Collaborate with various IT departments and business units to provide technical recommendations for control effectiveness and improvement.
- Drive accountability of processes by reviewing remediation plans and ensure that remediation efforts are progressing to completion.
- Point of contact for gaming audits of IT controls and provide consultative guidance on projects and initiatives.
- Actively support an internal training program, including developing course material and delivering training courses.
- Participate in compliance and regulatory meetings as required to maintain current gaming regulatory industry information.
- Recommend new security controls and assists with improving effectiveness of existing controls.
- Partners with IT departments to ensure compliance and regulatory needs are met.
- Promote compliance awareness and provides reporting on progress.
- Generate and provide compliance reports and scorecards as required.
- Must exhibit a sincere interest and passion to become a compliance advocate for Information Technology.
- Highly ethical and discreet, with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- .Ability to communicate to all levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team .while managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to coordinate with other control areas, such as Internal Audit and Risk Management.
- Must be knowledgeable and capable of working in a 24x7 environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
- Other job related duties as requested.
- At least (5) years of experience working as part of Information Security and/or IT Compliance teams directly related to gaming regulations, which includes 2 years of management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field; or, equivalent education and experience
- Experience motivating team members and building a high performing and cohesive unit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of an entertainment/hospitality/gaming environment and how it is affected by regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a high volume, fast-paced organization.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent. (education)
- (Computer skills/programs)
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.