Manager, IT-Enterprise Systems
Activities of Direct Reports:
- Manages 4 -10 professionals ranging from junior through senior level.
- On a frequent basis, works independently to identify, interpret, and clarify multi-divisional requirements.
- Responsible for mediating policy, recommending changes and offering alternative solutions.
- Responsible for the negotiation, development and administration of functional guidelines and standards which have a direct impact on the timely implementation and maintenance of programs to correctly administer corporate policies and guidelines which affect all levels of the corporation.
- Maintains close contacts and interactions with vendors to understand their product architecture, functionality, and roadmap.
- Participates in vendor selection process and serves as a point of contact to escalate vendor issues to ensure quality product or service delivery from vendors.
- Interfaces directly with client management in negotiation and definition of requirements.
- Negotiates, defines, interprets plan/policy requirements and presents options and processing capabilities to upper level management.
- Provides guidance and direction to all areas placing requirements on the system. Has management accountability for cross organization/site projects and multiple end users.
- Interfaces frequently with IT managers and directors. The content of these interfaces ranges from simple to extremely complex and requires diplomatic and tactful negotiations with client management on controversial subjects.
- Occasional contact with client management to exchange information and/or make presentations on information systems concepts.
- Reviews and maintains contact with selected user groups with similar problems and user organizations.
- Attends outside technical meetings as directed, making presentations when necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field is required. Four years of related experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
Must have a minimum of 7 years business systems analysis and design experience.
Expert knowledge in the field of computer science, including hardware and software products, computer systems, systems analysis, programming, development/maintenance process, and data management for large complex systems required.
Must have direct experience with enterprise business problems, technologies, and solutions in areas such as printing/mailing systems, reconciliation, corporate applications, general information management applications, legal contract management applications, and compliance applications.
Broad knowledge of methodologies, processes, standards, and best practices in IT enterprise architecture, application life cycle, project management, production support, and IT competency development required. Leadership experience is preferred.
Must have experience managing professionals ranging from junior through senior level systems engineers, analysts and programmers.
Experience with Microsoft technologies including .Net, SQL, IIS, ODBC, RedHat Linux, Pitney Bowes, NearStar print servers, Windows applications preferred.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Manages IT staff, promotes career development opportunities, provides mentoring to the staff to encourage personal growth and advancement, and promotes delivery of high quality customer service and team productivity.
Actively pursues personal leadership development to ensure growth and the ability to demonstrate a high level of quality and productivity. Ownership of systems, applications and technologies in their area of responsibility.
Actively supports initiatives related to the IT strategic and complementary tactical plans in a responsive manner that conforms to the organization’s mission, goals, and objectives.
Develops, manages, and builds positive relationships / partnerships with clients, vendors, peers/other teams, and staff to ensure a high level of personal and team understanding of the client’s business operations, IT support needs, and IT service expectations.
Ensures quality and timeliness of business oriented solutions aimed at providing positive effects on operational results while optimizing the overall impact on the organization’s performance.
Responsible for actively monitoring and supporting IT financial resources by approaching work with a focus on cost efficiencies that provide tangible cost savings and improved IT productivity through fundamentally sound implementation of systems solutions.
Understands IT Departmental Goals and Objectives and delivers work products to contribute to those goals.
Job duties are performed in a normal and clean office environment with normal noise levels.
Work is predominately done while standing or sitting.
The ability to comprehend, document, calculate, visualize, and analyze are required.