NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
Reporting to the IT Director, the Manager Enterprise Applications will partner with business leaders to align IT efforts with business requirements and develop a technology roadmap to support the strategic business capabilities. Engage client leadership and IT to ensure that technologyarchitecture, and governance are aligned to strategic business initiatives. Capture business requirements and processes and translate them into functional specifications and software requirements for various core systems.
- Provide strong understanding of business core functions needs considering short and long term strategy
- Provides guidance and counsel on technology available that drives delivery of solutions consistent with business direction
- Manage technologyinvestments to align with IT architecture and roadmap in partnership with the business.
- Collaborate with Legal and Compliance departments in development and implementation of compliance initiatives
- Lead / manage internal and external resources in support of business-related projects and activities.
- Collect and analyze business requirements, design and document work flow of data between systems to enable the application selection/development.
- Develop functional specifications to support systems and business process design that align with the IT Strategic plan
- Collaborate with business functions and technical team through the development and testing of custom scientific solutions and applications; ensure all approved requirements are met.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of new applications and functions and determine issues in services and software
- Provide day by day HelpDesk support to NGM users?
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or Information Systems Master’s in Business is a plus.
- 7-10 years of experience in IT building and supporting enterprise applications
- Strong business knowledge and ability to operate as the IT applications SME
- Knowledge and experience working within an SDLC framework
- Public company experience including working in a regulated SOX environment
- Prior experience working in the Life Science industry including pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device required
- Ability to analyze and define business requirements and translate into technical solutions.
- Effective project management skills are essential; change management capability and desire to innovate and help lead change.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills; excellent communicator with active-listening skills.
- Proven adaptability to shifting project schedules, priorities and assignments; able to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Demonstrated problem-solver in a dynamic, fast-growing team environment.
- Experience with the following system types/platforms preferred: LIMS/ELN, ADP or an HRIS, CTMS, eTMF, SAS, Data warehouse, BI, Safety, QMS, CRM, BD tools, EDMS and CLM
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft and Linux servers and corresponding OS, Active Directory, SQL Databases and scriptinglanguages (Python, Perl, Shell and PowerShell)
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem solving abilities
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance several on-going projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Expert knowledge of HPC in Hybrid Cloud environment (Google or AWS), SAAS and Managed Hosting Infrastructure
- Working knowledge with CFR 21 Part 11, GxP Validated Systems, and Sarbanes-Oxley Regulations
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.