Key Job Duties and Responsibilities
Summary: This position manages all aspects of service and deployment engineering for Nuvodia’s IT business unit. This includes Systems and Network Operations and Deployment. This individual will be accountable for ensuring high quality, cost effective services and efficient operations by planning, organizing and directing the activities of employees and effectively utilizing all resources in the delivery of Systems and Network engineering support.
General Description: The IT Engineering Manager, will work closely with all team members and client stake holders to ensure the timely and effective delivery of Nuvodia services. In addition, the IT Engineering Manager, will establish metrics within all areas of responsibility and will utilize these measurements to determine efficiency gains and overall customer satisfaction of Nuvodia services. This individual will provide both mentorship and leadership to the team, while acting as the liaison between the client and the company. While technical expertise isn’t critical, adequate knowledge and insight will be necessary to question, challenge, and advise team on appropriate steps that may be required to reach a conclusion or desired outcome. The Manager must be able to handle multiple priorities with interruptions. Organization is essential in order to meet deadlines. A sense of urgency, the ability to make good decisions, and the ability to drive accountability throughout the team is essential.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Monitors and reports performance, capacity, availability, and usage metrics to ensure that established SLA’s are being met.
• Improves quality results by evaluating and upgrading processes through elimination of unnecessary tasks and automation.
• Provides leadership and mentoring of staff.
• Creates and maintains an environment that encourages career growth, teamwork, accountability, and overall employee engagement.
• Oversees troubleshooting of issues and provides timely resolutions to customers for supported platforms.
• Communicates progress in a concise and effective manner on status and issues to management and the client.
• Works with other teams to define operation project requirements, solutions, and schedules.
• Owns operation support responsibilities for all Nuvodia and Nuvodia’s managed client production systems. Responsibilities include resource management, high availability, security management, backup and recovery, upgrade and monitoring.
• Stays current on emerging technologies and their impact.
• Interfaces with customers and provides viable solutions in real time during customer meetings.
• Ensures that required change management procedures are in place and implemented
• Ensures that all managed and hosted clients are adequately configured and maintained.
• Mentors, coaches, develops staff including preparing evaluations and handling disciplinary actions, and schedules.
• Plan and execute staff training in order to meet partner requirements.
• Responsible for staffing in order to meet client SLA’s.
• Solves problems with clients, vendors, and consultants to provide the highest quality service and support.
Qualifications and Experience • Education: Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent experience
• Experience: Seven years of related experience including-
o Five years of management experience
o Experience establishing and meetings Service Level Agreements
o Experience in managing operation teams
o Demonstrated experience developing and leading high performing teams
o Familiar with current IT best practices, methodologies and tools
o Duties are performed with minimal supervision
o Technical understanding in servers, storage, network, and virtualization
• Computer Skills: Experience with the following computer applications is highly desired: Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Internet, Intranet
• Drug Test: Eligible employees must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test which includes marijuana.