- Monitor and respond to Helpdesk system tickets for inbound issues regarding troubleshooting various equipment computer, printer, scanner, fax, TV, telephone, Software issues, password resets and issues, software installs etc. and other technical challenges.
- Assess Helpdesk issues quickly and professionally and take steps to resolve within a workday, or earlier when possible. Ensure all issues are logged, documented and closed in the Helpdesk system in a timely and proper manner. Respond quickly to critical equipment and software issues, including on-call assignments to support productions’ weekend and late night hours.
- Perform user account-set ups per onboarding requests and individual requests.
- Align and support with Post Production with timely installations of editing software and support
- Conduct user training on equipment, software/applications and IT protocols to meet users’ needs and various skill levels. This includes meeting with new hires to review the multiple digital platforms utilized by the company: Google Drive, Outlook, Teams, etc.
- Design and present technology tutorials to educate users on basic and advanced uses of standard business applications.
- Manage internal inventory of IT equipment, assets, licenses, Software locations, expiration, renewals and accessories, tracking all equipment that enters or leaves the building. Make assessments about inventories to ensure the company has efficient stock of equipment for Production needs and staff.
- Schedule and oversee equipment, hardware, and software installations, upgrades and improvement. Track license agreements for renewal and ownership/user assignment.
- Provide advice in relation to equipment, hardware and software purchasing, and track and update software licenses. Prepare purchase proposals for new or replacement equipment as needed.
- Oversee and manage internal company AV equipment and systems performing video conference setups and office reconfigurations.
- Deploy systems for incoming employees including preparing laptop/computers, installing appropriate applications, testing systems, as well maintaining and supporting Mac and peripherals. Install and support desktop and networked printers.
- Manage returns of all equipment when an employee leaves the company. All equipment should be checked back into inventory based on internal tracking, assessed for damages or upgrades, and cleaned appropriately. If equipment is missing or damaged the Manager, IT will follow up with the employee’s manager to take appropriate action.
- Performs audits of equipment, access, and accounts to ensure all equipment and programs are working appropriately and effectively. Troubleshoot issues immediately, or alert internal IT team if escalation is needed.
- Create, maintain and enforce procedures, policies, and workflows related to IT and IT security.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s or relevant degree required with a concentration in MIS or Computer Science or an Associate’s degree plus proportionate experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of IT service desk experience
- Experience providing IT support including; user management, Mac hardware, IOS, applications, mobile and telecom.
- Organize and prioritize tasks and workflows based on competing demands and varying deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to be able to explain clearly and simply technological issues to varying levels of users.
- Strong attention to detail, especially as it pertains to process execution testing, policies and procedures, labeling and documenting.
- Must be extremely proficient in Macintosh OS (10.8 – 10.11, iOS) and Windows.
- Demonstrated proficiency in most of the following applications: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop.
- Basic understanding of Avid workflows and technical troubleshooting is required
- Maintain a flexible approach to work schedule with early starts and late finishes (for example, 8am – 4pm, 9am – 5pm, 10am – 6pm) as rotating patterns, subject to business requirements.
- Travel to other sites may be required.