Manager IT Dev
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Robert Half is seeking a Manager, IT Development reporting directly to the Director of IT and is responsible for managing a team of highly skilled software engineers for Robert Half. Provides technical guidance and strategic direction to the team. Manages the team's time and availability by forecasting resource efforts against the many projects and technical initiatives on-time and within budget. This will include new applications, enhancements to existing applications and other requests that the team is responsible for.
Application Development/Project Management
- Manages application development, testing, support and maintenance of Field- and Corporate-facing applications.
- Engages with project delivery, project managers, and project sponsors in the business to understand, clarify, and document the objectives and success factors for technical solutions that support business-based project initiatives.
- Responsible for interacting with business owners and department counterparts to refine requirements, formulate acceptable delivery timelines and discuss tactical and strategic objectives.
- Collaborates and consults with IT verticals, managers, and business owners as appropriate in providing support during the solution delivery and application support phases, managing enhancements and maintenance priorities and trade-offs as applicable.
- Provides technical guidance in ensuring optimal execution and implementation of maintenance and enhancement work with applications supported.
- Leverages existing technical standards to design solutions for projects. Provides ownership of those designs for the lifespan of projects.
- Provides updates, guidance and recommendations related to technology solutions and related projects to supervisor and staff, impacted IT and Corp Services/Protiviti business teams, and IT Sr Management.
- Partners with and obtains feedback from technical discipline owners and experts to maintain a clear understanding and awareness of current technical standards and direction; provides feedback on standards based on project experiences and user needs.
- Participates in and leads project estimating efforts as well providing input into the continuous improvement of the delivery estimating model.
- Ensures team delivers infrastructure and workflow solutions to RH standards of quality (response time, availability and user satisfaction) to field and back office users globally.
- Responsible for personnel actions, including hiring, onboarding, firing, promotion, development, discipline, and employee compensation.
- Provides coaching, guidance, mentoring to direct reports and next level down where and when appropriate.
- Establishes, leads, manages and develops an effective and collaborative team.
- Leads effective collaboration not only in immediate team but also with other IT verticals, dev team, and business partners to improve efficiencies and support quality deliverables. Monitors the collaborative process and makes adjustments as needed.
- Understands and manages department and Robert Half personnel practices/policies; keeps direct reports and staff updated on general Corporate information.
- Acts as primary Hiring Mgr for recruiting process and addressing any disciplinary actions or promotions within company policies and practices.
- Makes resource requirement and headcount recommendations based upon analysis and presents to vertical directors and business unit management for final decisions.
- Collaborates with management of Production/Operations team in fixing production issues.
- Establishes Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and ensures that all applications that are running in various environments meet or exceed stated SLAs.
- Interacts with customers and staff on technical design issues and resolutions.
- Manages the development and implementation of system designs and technical specifications.
- Architects complex solutions to project/production issues and relationships between systems; ensures that solutions are executed properly.
- Conducts code reviews and leads design reviews to assure compliance.
- Manages on-call support for production systems on a rotating schedule.
- Proposes and evaluates new initiatives; provides and responds to feedback.
- 5+ years of Team Leadership, Supervisory or Management experience in a fast-paced IT environment in a similar role, including direct experience working for a Global Organization and/or providing cross-cultural support.
- Experience managing a Salesforce environment is a strong plus
- Experienced in full lifecycle software development, including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Understanding of object-oriented analysis and design techniques.
- Ability to create software architecture documents or other design artifacts.
- Familiarity with process modeling techniques.
- Knowledge of process definition and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Exercises independent judgment and composure under stress during while supporting RH critical business functions.
- Capable and willing to learn new technologies in support of established and newly-identified business needs.