We are seeking a Manager, IT Delivery who is an exceptional problem solver with a solid foundation in Technical Project Management possessing an ability to question things, show a desire to learn new technology practices, and has trained/mentored/managed an Application Development Team. The successful candidate will be highly organized and self-sufficient as they will be supporting multiple pieces of various projects such as Disaster Recovery initiatives to enhancement of applications, in addition to having a high level of support and thin understanding of a lot of projects, as well as manage a couple of assigned projects that they are responsible for directly.
This involves working on a variety of platforms to include distributed, web and mainframe applications associated to mid & large-scale enterprise data utilizing ETL & data integration tools. You will be responsible for timeline creation and management Influencing the efficiency and quality of work, advocating for the internal team owning project management/workflow, reporting, and financial analysis as well as assist cross-functional team leads to meet client deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant technical experience
- 5+ years' experience in an IT field or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience with delivering mid to large scale enterprise applications working with ETL & data integration tools (DataStage, Informatica, AWS API Gateway & MuleSoft experience a plus),
- Knowledge of Agile principles, with experience in leading scrums, building user stories, writing specifications, and managing team resources
- Experience with delivering large scale enterprise applications using big data open source solutions such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and Elastic Search
- Knowledge of Data Architecture around NoSQL, non-relational and relational database.
- Experience defining, owning and managing roadmap for delivering enterprise solutions
- Able to effectively coach, mentor, and identify and address skills needs and gaps
- Proficient in methods and techniques for running effective meetings and for understanding and influencing the roles played by participants.
- Displays good interpersonal skills at all levels of contact and in a wide variety of situations, demonstrating the ability to listen and influence, and to relate to customers in their own language.
- Demonstrates the ability to think critically, challenge conventional thinking and generate and apply unique business insight to create competitive advantage for the organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for timely delivery of Application services specifically in the Data Warehouse & reporting space through support of the technical design, participation in reviewing & understanding architectural decisions, Non-functional & Data Governance compliance as well as project delivery and project management
- Use a metrics-driven product development approach. Understand & communicate the business value of technical solutions and constraints for delivery features to business stakeholders.
- Recommends and implements innovative approaches and strategies to enhance and/or expand the data management technical/business operating status and working process base.
- Ensures achievement of data management program/project goals and contractual commitments within specified cost and schedule parameters.
- Deep technical understanding to interact with a cross functional team of architect, engineers in different geographic locations
- Ensure that the team has a well-defined backlog of valuable work & removes obstacles and roadblocks that impact the performance of the team.
- Using Agile metrics and tools to understand team performance and takes actions to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Mentors, coaches, and inspires team members to higher levels of performance. Ensures development plans are focused on enhancing skills and expertise needed within the team. This includes 1-on-1 situational coaching towards results, experimentation, and learning.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of a broad range of emerging technology trends and identifies opportunities where technology might be deployed to deliver business improvements and competitive advantage.