Requisition Number201689San Diego, California US
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Manager, IT Customer Experience
The role will manage a team of IT Desktop Engineers and the Service Desk supporting Teradata’s internal user community with technology related service requests and incidents. The manager will report into the Global End User Support organization which resides within the Information Technology organization. The role will serve the organization by developing, leading and motivating a high-performing team of IT Desktop Engineers. The successful candidate must have the ability to perform well under pressure, managing numerous competing priorities. They will be extremely customer focused while ensuring incidents are managed with assertiveness while aggressively mitigating impact to service consumers. Very strong written and oral communication skills and experienceworking within business-critical environments are essential. The End User Support Manager will provide leadership, mentorship and supervision and be responsible for delivering technical support services and solutions that are timely, effective, and delivered with the highest quality. The manager will need to build credible relationships with the user community and ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded. Preferred strong familiarity with Windows 10, MS Office Suite, Office 365, Mac and working in enterprise environments with 10,000+ users, Must be able to perform quality monitoring, scheduling, training, vendor management, and other departmental duties. Enterprise Core Competencies Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
Responsibilities: Essential Functions:
· Manages the Americas end User support staff with regards to performance evaluations, promotions, training, hiring, and disciplinary responsibilities.
· Build and manage 24/7/365 environment including on-call and escalation practices to provide efficient and timely support.
· Ensure service needs and SLAs are met by reviewing the tickets, providing training, and making sure the knowledge base information is accurate and up-to-date.
· Field incoming Service Desk requests from end users via both in person and digital contact methods in a courteous manner.
· Manage Executive support program to optimize Sr Leadership effectiveness
· Run 24/7/365 Service Desk through managed service provider
· Address complicated support issues that are escalated by team members.
· Conduct meetings with team members to review status of IT service issues.
· Creation and support of standards, processes and procedures necessary to produce the deliverables from the team.
· Meet with IT management to review overall performance, trends and issues, and to gain feedback on support performance.
· Collaborates with other groups in handling and responding to client issues, problem analysis and making requested service improvements.
· Ensure that proper escalation paths are followed by the support staff that are in line with documented procedures.
· Train staff on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques.
· Drives long-term support improvements with peers in various other groups
· Gather and analyze metrics to benchmark the end user support organizations workload/performance and identify trends in issues.
· Monitor open tickets to assist in moving issues forward and ensure closure in a timely manner.
Qualifications: Minimum Required
· Total experience with increasing responsibility 10 years’ experience end user support and service desk
· Total of 7 years management experience with increasing responsibility over last 5 years leading a frontline team within an IT capacity
· Experience managing staff in remote locations
· Knowledge of software development and delivery principles and methodologies
· Demonstrates working knowledge of end user hardware, operating systems, and telephony
· Oral communications: Proven ability to express ideas verbally, including good presentation skills
· Written communications: Proven ability to produce a variety of business documents that display a command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation
· Intermediate to advanced skills working with Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
· Intermediate to advanced skills working with BI reporting tools
Education Minimum Required
· Bachelors Degree. Business, MIS, or equivalent experience
· ITIL v3 Foundations Certification Desired
· ITIL v3 Operational Support and Analysis preferred