Job Description - Manager IT, Compliance Operations (207256)
Manager IT, Compliance Operations - (207256)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Serve as a Manager leading 7 FTEs on the Compliance Operations team working with IT teams that encompass BGE, ComEd, PECO and Generation.
The Manager IT Compliance Operations is responsible for the execution of CIP related compliance activities in an IT team that covers activities for BGE, ComEd, PECO and Generation. This position reports to the NERC CIP Senior Manager. This position works with: NERC CIP Project Managers, Standard Owners, Operational Compliance Owners and Business Unit Compliance Contacts across all Exelon business areas.
- Provide day-to-day management to the resources in the compliance BU IT teams, leading 7 FTEs across multiple locations
- Identify synergy, automation and integration opportunities across Exelon’s NERC CIP portfolio
- Drives integration across the program, convergence to standard processes and tools, addresses program risk areas and gaps
- Drive automation opportunities for repetitive activities, focusing on high value work for employees
- Develop metrics to track work performed across the portfolio, identifying trends across entities
- Document and track resolution of CIP program issues, risks and change requests; Resolve and escalate issues, risks and change requests as appropriate.
- Identify the need for new NERC CIP projects/initiatives, making recommendations, and supporting budgeting and planning activities.
- Lead and support the authoring of process for NERC CIP IT process-level documents. This can include writing procedures and also covers performing quality assurance reviews of NERC CIP processes, as well as supporting the identification of owners and driving the convergence of processes where appropriate.
- Understand proposed/new industry regulations or other changes that may impact the Exelon NERC CIP program, participate in new NERC CIP Standard interpretation, and/or standards-under-development activities, and coordinate/assemble IT SMEs to develop a single response from an IT perspective in support of industry activities.
- Lead CIP related investigations, challenge sessions and mitigation items related to CIP standards as required.
- Participate in review of compliance deliberations working with CIP Managers and Legal.
- Point of contact for compliance related matters for one or more of the IT groups (BGE, ComEd, PECO and Generation) helping resolve entity specific items.
- Evaluate performance and provide coaching for IT personnel. Promote diversity and foster teamwork, collaboration, and a learning organization.
- Provide input on development and retention processes for IT employees.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Provide day-to-day management to the resources the BU IT teams, leading 7 FTEs across multiple locations and entities. Promote diversity and foster teamwork, collaboration, and a learning organization
Work with within the team and other CIP Managers to drive integration across the program, convergence to standard processes and tools,
Understand proposed/new industry regulations or other changes that may impact the Exelon NERC CIP program, participate in new NERC CIP Standard interpretation, and/or standards-under-development activities, and coordinate/assemble IT SMEs to develop a single response from an IT perspective in support of industry activities
Lead CIP related investigations, challenge sessions and mitigation items related to CIP standards as required
Point of contact for compliance related matters for one or more of the IT groups (BGE, ComEd, PECO and Generation).
- Work with a team of 7FTEs to identify, track and report on overall NERC CIP related activities
- Exelon Budget Managed: N/A
- Utilize understanding of customer's business needs to determine requirements and help set direction.
- Determine and helps others learn appropriate theories, practices and principles that relate to their skill set portfolio and related sciences and disciplines.
- Make judicious decisions in familiar and new situations and contributes to strategic decisions.
- Represent business client’s perspective with IT team
- Operate independently with little or no supervision.
- Reports to NERC CIP E05 CIP Senior Manager
- 2 or more years of experience in leading and/or managing IT teams and/or IT project delivery teams.
- Demonstrated strategy, planning and customer engagement and relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams and people through change.
- Excellent consultative skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation. Advanced interpersonal skills, communications skills, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and collectively solve complex technical problems with business users in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of the NERC CIP Reliability Standards
- Strategic planning and stakeholder engagement skills
- Support travel to the various Exelon areas involved in the CIP program
- Understanding of working in matrix team situations
- Works well across boundaries, adaptable, comfortable working with people at all levels of organization.
- An advanced degree and/or studies in information technology, engineering, auditing, risk management or security
- Audit or enforcement experience
- Proficiency in NERC CIP Reliability Standards
- Strong understanding of the bulk power system
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering).
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.