Viracor Eurofins is dedicated to being the leading specialty diagnostics laboratory partner in immunology, infectious disease, and allergy testing. We offer a range of unique clinical laboratory and biopharmaceutical services and provide exceptional test turnaround times. More than 4,000 healthcare providers, commercial laboratories, and biopharmaceutical companies rely on us for our unique and convenient services.
Viracor Eurofins is searching for a Manager, IT Business Applications in Lee’s Summit, MO.
This is a Full Time position. Schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lee’s Summit, Missouri are encouraged to apply.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Manager of Information Technology Business Applications is primarily responsible for oversight of the Viracor Eurofins data warehouse and the design and development of the business applications for various departments, including financial and billing systems, websites, mobile applications and customer interfaces. The position provides functional, technical, and process leadership, while partnering with all departments to drive the tactical delivery of application solutions. Builds relationships with business partners to balance new information technology requirements with ongoing systems reliability and estimates the computing needs of the business based on descriptions and requirements. Partners with departments to prioritize projects and provides regular project status updates.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for selected business functions and develop requirements that meet the needs of the business and translate into technical solutions that meet business goals.
- Ensures that the company's computing systems are capable of delivering both the basic functionality as well as all non-functional requirements (e.g., availability, response time) for business growth.
- Performs project management on critical projects and mentors team members in project management as appropriate.
- Ensures all team members adhere to the SDLC and regulatory processes
- Educates business partners on SDLC process to ensure we deliver quality solutions.
- Manages vendors that are part of our application solutions in the best interest of the company.
- Ensures 7 x 24 application support of assigned systems. Identifies root cause of issues and implements permanent solutions.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills by mentoring, coaching, and giving timely, accurate feedback to employees for development purposes.
- Partners with business departments to recommend and drive strategy that meets company goals.
- Ensures that Change Control processes are followed and Changes implemented do not cause system outages or impacts.
- Demonstrate behavioral skills, such as advanced planning, attention to detail and the ability to influence
- Effectively communicate with all levels of management regarding applicable IT areas
- Oversee the development of technical solutions that meet business needs – with internal or external resources
- Build and maintain information technology with the capability that reflects innovation and is consistent with Viracor Eurofins’ needs and budget
- Recommend and establish priorities for process improvements and implement
- Participate in budgetary and planning processes as needed
- Demonstrate ability to manage conflicts and issues
- Represent department and the organization favorably and in accordance with established Company standards and associate attributes at all times
- Other duties as assigned by management
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; Computer Science or Information Technology degreepreferred
- 8+ years of experience in IT profession with proven increase in responsibility
- 8+ years of experience trouble shooting complex computer system problems
- 5+ years of experience in data warehouse on the Microsoft SQL Server platform including ETL
- 5+ years of experience in full lifecycle of software development in multiple technology environments
- 5+ years supervising technology teams and experience in matrix management
- 5+ years managing technology projects utilizing project management tools and principles
- Experience or domain knowledge in key areas of information technology, including but not limited to: Database (SQL or others), and packaged systems, web application development, mobile application development and HL7 preferred.
- Preferred: Knowledge of software development in a laboratory environment and with virtual teams; STARLiMS LIMS knowledge
- Experience partnering with and leveraging offshore resources preferred
- Understanding and experience with data mining and data science preferred
- Ability to foster team building; mutual respect; associate development; accountability, problem solving skills
- Understanding of budget and fiscal responsibility
- Willing to work outside normal business hours as job dictates
- Ability to make independent decisions regarding matters of significance
- Goal oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with an ability to adapt communications to the technical literacy of the intended audience
- Keenly attentive to detail
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
What we offer:
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Code 14793