Company is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, water, chemical, and other industries. With more than 17,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The IT Audit Manager will report to the Director, Corporate Audit Services and will manage the department’s IT audit projects as well as IT SOX assessments. In addition, the manager will assist the Director of Corporate Audit Services to develop the annual risk assessment and support the company’s efforts with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM).
This position will ensure the effectiveness of internal controls in compliance with corporate objectives and government regulatory standards and provide guidance to IT leaders. This position has responsibility for the independent and objective assurance activity designed to improve operations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and technology related governance processes. The position will identify internal control gaps in business processes and systems and initiates appropriate remedial action.
The IT Audit Manager will be primarily responsible for the following:
·Design and successfully execute information technology (IT) audits included in the internal audit plan and provide strategic and proactive consultation in identifying risk exposures and in evaluating solutions for internal control weaknesses.
·Plan, lead and execute individual internal audits, including efforts to prepare well-written planning and testing documents as well as audit reports.
·Review internal audit work papers ensure clear identification and communication of risks and issues prior to presentation to senior management.
·Coordinate audit teams, including co-sourced resources, in conducting individual audits.
·Participate in maintaining business relationships with appropriate levels of management ensuring awareness of key changes to business activities and objectives for appropriate response.
·Promote the increased use of data analytics techniques to evaluate large data sets for trends and anomalies.
·Address issues during the internal audit process by gathering facts, developing potential solutions, consulting with management, and partnering in problem solving.
·Participate in departmental strategic initiatives and projects
·Direct a team of auditors in the design and effectiveness testing of internal controls of the company’s key business controls as part of the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program.
·Candidate will function independently under general supervision
Other essential duties include, but are not limited to:
·Develops presentation materials for periodic reporting to the Audit Committee and development of the annual internal audit plan.
·Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
·Provides training, coaching and guidance to Internal Auditors/Guest Auditors in conducting audits, the usage of tools, and other audit-related issues.
·Assist/lead in assessing, developing, maintaining, systematic data mining and reporting protocols and promoting continuous improvement of tools and processes to strengthen the company’s risk, controls, and compliance programs
·Represents Corporate Audit Services on organizational project teams at management meetings and with external organizations. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the business. Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge
·Be available to travel 30%-40%, including international travel where valid passports/visas may be required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, accounting, computer science or related field
• 6+ years of IT-related audit experience with demonstrated leadership of leading team members on IT and integrated internal audits amongst a complex operational environment
· Ability to lead a project team and cultivate strong working relationships
• CISA, CPA, CIA, CISSP or other applicable certification highly preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate effectively and professionally
• SAP experience and knowledge highly preferred; Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products required
• Advanced skills in collecting and analyzing complex data, analyzing and evaluating information, and drawing logical conclusions.
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Ability to motivate and lead staff to the successful execution of an audit project.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and re-prioritize issues and tasks easily.
• Experience in negotiating issues and audit observations as well as in resolving problems with client personnel.
• Advanced skills in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
• Flexible in adapting to fast changing situations.
• Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
• Advanced knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Awareness of requirements related to internal controls over financial reporting as set forth by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002.
• Knowledge of the COSO controls framework
• Considerable skill in planning, project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
• Knowledge of or at least a familiarity with fraud, forensics, and other detection techniques and concepts.
• Skills and experience in the use of Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAAT’s), such as Tableau, Power BI, IDEA and ACL.