Nova Bus, part of the Volvo Group, is one of North America's leading providers of sustainable transit solutions. Our team of more than 1,500 employees in three factories (Saint-Eustache and Saint-François-du-Lac in Quebec and Plattsburgh in New York State) works in partnership with some of the largest public transit companies in Canada and in the USA.
Are you looking for a new challenge with social, economic and environmental implications? Do you want to boost your career and make a difference? Participate in the electrification of transport by joining the team as Manager - IT Application Solutions , a key position for the development of our products.
WHAT AWAITS YOU:
You will be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary team responsible for maintenance, development and application support. You will be responsible for a team made up mainly of analysts and developers. You will also maintain a good relationship with our suppliers. Always on the lookout for new technologies, you will offer effective and easy-to-use solutions. You will work closely with infrastructure and user services managers, IT project managers, enterprise architects and business analysts. Also, you manage the budgets of his sector.
You will be responsible for organizing your department to meet the overall strategy of the Volvo Group as well as the needs of Nova Bus and its various sites.
- Exercise leadership focused on the mobilization of all, teamwork and the search for excellence;
- Maintain a dynamic, harmonious and committed work climate;
- Implement and manage the application lifecycle process using reports, metrics and procedures;
- Monitor the software lifecycle and take charge of the consequent actions;
- Support business demands for new IT solutions and user demand;
- Define and execute the application, development and maintenance roadmap;
- Manage application licenses and monitor costs and usage based on budget and needs;
- Coordinate, supervise and monitor the work of application service providers;
- Create and execute the governance required to support the management of the application sector;
- Follow the budgets of his department (Runtime);
- Build and set up the performance indicators (KPI) necessary for monitoring and controlling the sector;
- Identify areas for improvement and implement corrective and preventive actions for its sector;
- Implement a work methodology and robust and rigorous processes for its sector;
- Visit and support all Nova Bus sites (Canada and US) as needed
- Participate in the definition of the company's IT standards from an application point of view;
- Actively participate in the development and execution of the enterprise architecture strategy;
- Act as a change agent in application optimization activities;
- Work in concert with project teams during the implementation and deployment of new application solutions;
- Actively participate in the RFI and RFP processes and the validation of functional requirements;
- Take charge of communication with users, as much to ensure sound management of change as for communications;
- Support the business and the portfolio manager in the drafting of investment requests (ROI) in anticipation of the governance of project prioritization;
- Ensure compliance with the level of service offered by his team and make the necessary improvements when required.
YOUR ADVANTAGES :
- Very competitive salary and benefits and generous vacation policy
- Stimulating position, perfect if you like a challenge!
- Innovative and forward-looking team
- Telework (Covid-19)
WHAT YOU NEED :
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information systems management, engineering or related field or equivalent training;
- Experience in operations related to the management of IT application solutions;
- Experience in people management, at least 5 years in a similar position and in a unionized environment;
- Knowledge of all areas related to the management of IT application solutions (Maintenance, development, application support to users, project management, management of application portfolio and its budget, supplier relationship);
- Experience working with IT suppliers and knowledge of purchasing processes;
- Experience in project management will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of IT management methodologies (ITIL, ITSM, TOGAF, etc.);
- Experience with IT solutions in the manufacturing sector (PLM, ERP, CAD etc.);
- Good understanding of manufacturing market trends;
- Experience in preparing and executing communications with various stakeholders;
- Strong sense of organization and priority management;
- Leadership by influence in a multidisciplinary context;
- Continuous improvement management approach;
- Ability to solve complex problems;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate easily at all hierarchical levels (sales and technical teams);
- Good presentation skills both to the management team and to users;
- Bilingualism (French and English) written and oral.