Manager, IS Services
Boston Properties operates a services organization that continues to empower its workforce based on a commitment to customer service and endpoint standards. The Manager will lead a collaborative team that values the delivery of its services in facilitating the success of its real estate and corporate operations.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Manage the processes and resources of the service desk operation that supports employee and contractor use of all systems including desktops, laptops, peripherals, audio-visual systems, telephones and mobile devices. Manage the deployment and maintenance of applications and standards for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, VDI and other products. Provide tiered support for business applications. Oversee training initiatives.
Service Desk Operations
- Manage all processes, services and staffing of a service desk operation. Coordinate all customer support including problem resolution and escalation procedures.
- Work with management and customers to develop programs and planinvestments.
- Maintain and enforce standards on Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, browsers and all end-point software.
- Manage the delivery of all network-based services to desktops, laptops and peripherals including connections to servers, shared software, storage, printers, protocol standards, management tools, electronic mail, databases and web services.
- Manage the installation, upgrade and/or configuration of all desktops, laptops, peripherals, telephones and mobile devices.
- Facilitate the process of employee on-boarding, transfers, and separations by managing the repurposing of appropriate company equipment, software, and access control required for these requests and ensuring an appropriate audit trail of this activity is maintained.
- Develop and maintain standard desktop images and installations.
- Oversee the testing and introduction of new models, applications and upgrades.
- Oversee the setup and maintenance of user accounts in Active Directory. Support the use of Windows Group Policies and Active Directory Organization Units (OUs).
- Lead development of desktop hardware and software standards and oversee launch of new initiatives and services.
- Coordinate efficient and cost-effective procurement, selection, installation, testing, and user training.
- Develop and document customer service standards and service level agreements.
- Work with vendors to ensure adequate technical and product-level support.
- Administer the service request tracking system, to include inventory maintenance, creation and generation of management reports on services.
- Manage audio-visual services in conference rooms.
- Develop and conduct group training sessions.
- Manage all aspects of the centralized service desk function and directly supervise the Technical Services Support team.
- Staff a team in support of technical and business needs including external resources as necessary. Coordinate staff development to ensure appropriate technical training.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with policies and control requirements.
- Perform active account management with service providers and vendors.
- Budget and monitor expenses including hardware and software purchases, supplies, maintenance contracts, training and travel. Manage annual true-up and/or renewal process for the Microsoft Enterprise Agreement.
- Oversee the purchase of all desktop, laptop and peripherals. Maintain the work room including an inventory of parts and supplies.
- Coordinate project planning and implementation activities with Application Development, Network Services and regional IS teams. Integrate activities with other business units to ensure the successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Conduct research on new technologies or products.
- Conduct both one-on-one instruction and group training sessions.
- Special projects as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired with a technology focused concentration preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsibleexperience in managing a help desk organization for an environment of similar scope and complexity required. Possess a service orientation and proven customer service skills.
- Certified as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) preferred.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft technologies, network based services, mobile devices and unified communications.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with customers, employees, and senior management.
- Vendor management and negotiations experience in development of effective partnerships with vendors.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business and business processes.
- Ability to demonstrate multi-task management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Solid project management skills, effectively arranging resources and managing multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Dynamic leadership that can develop and energize multidiscipline, high-performance work teams to learn and apply new skills/techniques to business needs.
- Be able to travel and to work flexible schedules outside normal business hours when required. Access to transportation for travel to suburban sites in the Boston
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
- Involves work such as tours throughout property portfolio usually performed by walking and by climbing stairs.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands, occasionally work in a tightly spaced area.
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, and climb stairs and ladders.