Lab Information System (LIS) test build experience preferred
- Position Summary
- The IS Manager role is accountable for leading a team of technical resources and/or IS Supervisors for a large, complex technical or business support team or production operations. Incumbents are accountable for the budget, performance and results of a medium-sized team or multiple small teams. The role is also accountable for adapting departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan. The IS Manager receives guidance from IS Senior Managers and Directors. Incumbents provide technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers. They are accountable for addressing issues with impact beyond own team as well as defining team operating standards and ensure essential procedures are followed. This position requires extensive knowledge of project management, resource management, performance management, managing service levels (24X7 in some cases), computer systems configuration, and customer service. Fiscal responsibilities include the development, adherence, and monitoring of departmental budgets.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior management experience or experience in a highly collaborative role requiring strong interpersonal and leadership skills (2 to 3 years).
- More than five years experience working in a progressive technical environment
- Demonstrated ability to structure organization for success (role definitions and org structure).
- Strong project management experience
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills
- Strong business knowledge / acumen
- Outstanding organizational skills including knowledge of quality and project management tools and techniques.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate at all levels with clinical, technical and administrative staff, vendors, and engineers.
- Analytical skills necessary to organize and oversee the work of systems analysts/technical resources to effectively evaluate the quality of work performed.
- Demonstrated experience with process/workflow analysis, design and implementation
- Demonstrated change management skills