This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree plus three (3) years managing a medium size information technology related project; plus ten (10) years working within a technology project team. Advanced degree may be used in lieu of years of experience on a year for year basis.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders; develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents; communicate effectively project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liase with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis; estimate resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from the institution; determine and assess needs for the additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders; delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel; identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team; identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools; track project milestones and deliverables; develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas; proactively manage changes in project scope; identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct post project post-mortems and create recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- May supervise staff in performance of duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
- Project life cycles and milestones
- Determine and document life cycle phases and milestones including all inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs for all assigned projects and if necessary, identify any additional project phases that fall outside of the standard best practice foundation of initiation/planning/implementation/closing.
- Stabilize project components
- Document requirements, scope, objectives, goals, milestones, benefits, deliverables, resources, systems, constraints, standards of performance, risks, and success criteria for all assigned projects and strive to stabilize every aspect impacting the established life cycle iteration.
- Organization, systems and roles
- For each assigned project, define and document roles and responsibilities with clearly communicated accountabilities.
- Quality assurance
- Define standards and processes for meeting commitments at practical project phase checkpoints with a continuous emphasis on improvement.