Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions:
We are looking for a Manager of Investor Relations at First Solar’s headquarters in Tempe Arizona. You will work with the Chief Financial Officer to attract and retain long-term investors, encourage focus on long-term financial performance, provide reliable and accurate information to the analyst and investor community, all while strictly adhering to legal and regulatory guidelines. You will work to ensure the IR platform is synchronized with the company’s strategy and provide feedback to assist development of that strategy.
- 6 or more years of relevant work experience in a corporate investor relations department, buy-side investor, sell-side analyst, or other external public facing role with experience in areas such as banking or government agencies 3rd parties
- Experience dealing with both analysts and investors preferable, organizing earnings call logistics, scripting earnings calls and follow-up Q&A.
- Preferably knowledge of the solar sector / broader renewables industry
- Bachelors degree in related field required
- MBAdegree or CFA charterholder a plus, but notrequired
- Lead preparation for quarterly earnings calls and follow-up communications. Preparation of scripts, presentations and Q&A
- Share and interpret feedback from the investment community and monitor stock performance and drivers
- Provide reliable and accurate information to investors and analysts, while always strictly adhering to legal and Regulation FD guidelines.
- Build relationships with global quality long-term buy-side investors whose investment criteria are aligned with the company’s goals. Encourage long-term focus on company performance.
- Create and maintain IR calendar and organize road shows, conferences and meetings
- Communicate, assist and build relationships with sell-side equity analysts to explain the company’s story. Maintain analyst model tracker.
- Educate sell-side analysts who are initiating coverage of First Solar
- Prepare and execute analyst/investor day, shareholder meeting, annual/10K and proxy
- Prepare presentations for investor and analyst communications.
- Gather and analyze competitive and market intelligence and share with management.
- Guide and advise management on financial disclosure and monitor regulatory changes
- Prepare quarterly/monthly reports on contacts and ownership changes to measure progress.
- Maintain IR website
- Select IR tools and manage outside partners to allow organization to scale
- Assist on strategic company projects as required by CFO and CEO
- Work closely with communications team; develop and maintain coordinated corporate overview presentation to ensure consistency in external communications.