Manager - Investor & Portfolio Technology - Java - Python - AWS
Position Title – WR77089R102017
Manager – Investor & Portfolio Technology – Java – Python – AWS - Boston, MA Area - $$ Open
Outstanding Compensation Package – Base + Bonus + PS - $$ are not an obstacle for the right person
Relo. Possible for exceptional candidates – No Contractors/Consultants Please
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm – Great Company – Lots of Upside – Outstanding Compensation Package – Bonus – Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth possibilities.
Manager – Investor & Portfolio Technology
Keys to this position:
· We are seeking a Hands-on Technical Lead to manage a team of 10 to 15 technology resources (developers and analysts).
· Technology Stack: Java, Python, Matlab, AWS. The role is a combination of leadership and hands-on (coding, design, architecture, etc.)
· Strong Leadership and communication skills.
· Domain knowledge: Investment Management industry experience is a big plus. This role is Investor facing supporting the Investment Strategies and Risk team.
Responsibilities of the individual are multi-dimensional and include the management of clients, vision, delivery, staff and technology.
· Leverage the strength and success of the current team of analysts and developers to implement and sustain a “best in class” systems platform to support the Client Solutions Investment Team (global, multi asset class, fund of funds). Ensure strategic, reliable, speedy and cost effective delivery of systems capabilities. Position team to support expansion of global footprint.
· Partner with the Investment Team to provide thought leadership on the implementation of their quantitative models and investment platform
· Hands-on development, and have an aptitude and flexibility to learn new technologies / tools
· Team management responsibilities include the supervision, and development of staff and consultants
· Develop and implement a vision for meeting the strategic needs of the investment areas.
· Engage the leadership and senior practitioners in the investment areas to identify strategic systems’ needs.
· Anticipate direction of investment products and strategies through participation in business forums. Infer and validate strategic systems requirements.
· Understand key business challenges /opportunities and be able to originate ideas on how systems can help in areas such as investment performance, investment capacity and investor efficiency.
· Facilitate identification of needs broadly shared across business units. Highlight potential high value add opportunities that might serve specific areas.
· Assist business governance structures in prioritizing these needs by providing cost-benefit insights.
· Scale and transform the current team to meet the challenges of globalization, investment product complexity and asset growth.
· Strengthen bench of individuals who combine strong investment and technology expertise. Facilitate the group’s ability to remain current with industry trends.
· Establish a framework for leveraging the expertise and resources of external partners (partner investment firms, professional service / product / market data vendors)
· Identify high potential individuals and focus effort on developing them through training and stretch assignments.
· Establish a framework for scalable and repeatable delivery management
· Refine estimation, planning, development / integration, testing and deployment processes
· Establish timely and frequent two way communication withstakeholders
· Improve collaboration withother areas of the department
Required Skills and Competencies:
· Fifteen years of experience in delivering technology solutions, at least ten of those in the Asset Management industry
· Ability to manage a team of individuals to deliver best-in-breed technology solutions
· Ability to think, communicate and act strategically. Ability to back up strategic thinking with reliable delivery.
· Strong leadership and change management capabilities
· Strong understanding of capital markets, instruments and processes
· Good awareness of state of the art investment practices
· Broad understanding of current technologieswith ability to review merits of proposed architectures and validity of effort estimates
· Experiencewith global delivery and support
· Keen intellect, strong communication skills and collaborative instincts
· Strong judgment and integrity
· Innovative, resourceful and risk tolerant
· Strong planning and project management skills
Contact Information – Resumes in Word format to:
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates – T – 508-761-6354
Email - - WEB Site –