Purpose of Job
The Manager Investment and Product Marketing Communications is responsible for assisting with the strategic communication and marketing initiatives for the suite of fee-based investment products offered by Scotia Wealth Management, Investment Solutions team.
The incumbent will aid in the delivery of strategic and tactical insights and messaging around Scotia Wealth Management’s investment offering for wealth advisors, relationship managers and their teams. The Manager will help implement marketing strategies, campaigns, messaging and programs to promote products and services.
He or she will assist with the development of the annual communication/marketing plan and resulting initiatives. The Manager role requires design, layout technical writing, creative and organizational skills, with an ability to multitask.
The incumbent is responsible for responding to field queries on an ongoing basis, while ensuring that timely and relevant communications are delivered from the Investment Solutions team.
He or she must be able to independently manage requests from the wealth advisory teams (ScotiaMcLeod and Private Investment Counsel) and maintain working relationship with in-house (1832 Asset Management L.P.) and third party investment managers to ensure quality and consistency of investment messaging.
Key partners include investment advisory, compliance teams, Scotia Wealth Management marketing team, Northern Trust Global Advisors and legal. He or she must be able to champion advisor- and client-oriented marketing approaches, consult with key business partners and recommend appropriate approaches to achieve marketing objectives.
This position requires a communication/marketing professional who has the ability to work in a fast-paced, matrix environment. Individuals who will succeed in this role will be self-starters with strong work ethics, passion for excellence and driven to achieve their full potential.
Key Job Accountabilities
Implementation of strategic communication campaigns, programs & associated activities to position investment products and to support the overall growth of the advisory businesses. This includes, but is not limited to, newsletters, profile sheets, sales tools, investment insights, market insights.
- In partnership with key stakeholders, implement communication initiatives to advance the positioning of investment products and services
- Participate in product launches and creating communication, product positioning and promotional aspects
- Assist with building out holistic investment communication, ensuring that the needs of the sales channels are met with repeatable, timely and effective marketing material that provide qualitative and quantitative insights on portfolios, investment strategies and the markets
- Leverage product marketing within Northern Trust Global Advisors, 1832 Asset Management L.P., Global Portfolio Advisory Services and Scotia Asset Management to deepen client communications and delivery
- Work closely with Scotia Wealth Management Marketing team to ensure brand compliance in consultation with the Scotia Wealth Management marketing team.
- Continually evaluate, monitor, and improve the Advisor marketing offer and ensure all processes and resources are optimized in support of the investment offering
- Remain current on market developments and ensure readiness to respond where investment strategies are affected
- Execute writing projects, including drafting content and editing and managing the approval process for print and digital initiatives
- Identify and implement cost-savings measures, where applicable
- Assist with managing day to day relationship with vendors/agencies
- Communicate emerging issues or problems to applicable stakeholders and identify and lead timely solutions, where applicable.
- Actively solicit input from colleagues and other internal groups to develop and implement or improve communication programs and sales tools
- Ensure adherence to brand standards (visuals, layout, logo and colour standards, messaging, product naming conventions, etc.)
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls with investment managers and other internal partners
- Provide Business Development support
- Participate in strategic planning process
- Remain current on competitive and emerging trends in the wealth management industry to apply knowledge to new initiatives
- Identify and develop strategic sales support tools, ideas or campaigns to add value to the sales and service process, as required.
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies
- University degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or Economics.
- Knowledge and understanding of capital markets, portfolio management and portfolio construction
- Sound knowledge of investment disciplines and processes within the financial industry
- 3-5 years relevant experience in the investment management industry, preferably in a high net worth environment
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills, with the ability to manage through influence, stakeholders from a diverse range of perspectives
- Superior aptitude for assessing creative and visual concepts
- Exceptional technical writing skills including the ability to edit promotional copywriting and corporate messaging with a high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to drive timely solutions in a change-management environment
- Adept multi-tasker with solid project management skills
- Ability to integrate and translate strategic and tactical thinking into deliverables
- Innovative problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships and negotiate with vendors
- Excellent interpersonal skills – experience working with Wealth Advisors considered an asset
- Proficient in PC and Mac with advanced knowledge of InDesign, Adobe Creative Suites, PowerPoint and Word
- Exceptional written and presentation skills
- Understanding of industry compliance regulations considered an asset
Education and Other Requirements
University degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or Economics.
Requisition ID: 21748