Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Investment Accounting in our Woodbury, MN location!
The Manager, Investment Accounting position ensures the accounting and reporting for the Company’s investment portfolio is completed in a timely and accurate manner for GAAP, Statutory and Tax basis. Lead a team of accountants as it relates to development, engagement, and performance.
- Review of quarterly and annual statutory investment schedules, interrogatories, and footnotes
- Lead, coach, develop, and evaluate team members and support the team in their individual roles
- Review of quarterly and annual SEC investment schedules and footnotes
- Review monthly and quarterly account reconciliations and journal entries. Assist with follow up activities for pending items
- Perform analytics and research variances in the portfolios. Recommend actions to correct, if necessary.
- Initiate and implement process improvements
- Maintain investment system and departmental process documentation
- Key owner of accounting and reporting SOX controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of experience in financial services industry, insurance and/or investment experiencerequired
- 2 – 4 years of managerial experience
- Deep understanding of the accounting and reporting for investments with a focus on GAAP and Statutory accounting
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
Requisition Number 52548