Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that’s just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family. Old Navy – a brand for everyone a place for you! The Inventory Management Manager leads a team of Senior Inventory Planners, Planners, and Analysts through development, execution and communication of financial sales and inventory plans and strategies to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory goals. Develops broader, longer term strategies for area of responsibility.Responsibilities:
- Oversees the development of division, department & class level plans that support market strategy
- Develop and communicate department financial and product strategies, in alignment with division objectives
- Manage development of annual, seasonal, monthly & weekly merchandise plans
- Own tops-down & bottoms-up department(s) to division financial reconciliation
- Develop department level pricing recommendations in alignment with division financial plans. Own developing department-level LRP strategies and financials
- Inform and influence commercial plan"
- Drive in-season business discussions and actions/decisions for department(s), including pricing strategies and demand driven buying
- Manage overall strategies, issues and resolution for OTB
- Continuously monitor business and immediately develop risk mitigation plans as needed to resolve
- Evaluate and recap seasonal performance to influence future strategies
- Influence in-season commercial plan changes
- Lead team priorities and initiatives, organize tasks, monitor workflow, and remove roadblocks to support team in meeting deadlines
- Inform IM business processes and serve as SME for process improvements
- Participate in division and cross-functional projects for process and operational improvements
- Manage team of Inventory Planners and Analysts
- Balance workload priorities across departments
- Support career development and skill development of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention and development
- Create a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
- Influence others, function and cross-functional partners, to drive results
- Act as primary trainer for team on IM processes and operating models
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferable in Inventory Management
- 2 years of supervisory experience, preferred
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Developing Direct Reports & Motivating Others: Ability to hire, train, develop, and retain direct reports
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.