Logitech is currently seeking an exceptional Inventory Accounting Manager to become part of a Corporate Controllership team primarily working with our Business Group General Managers, Business Group Finance Liaison and other Accounting functions. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter with great interpersonal, organizational, and technical skills, who is looking to contribute significantly to a strong and fast-paced group.
Your Contribution: Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you will need for success at Logitech.
- Developing reports and insights supporting the business as it continues to grow (i.e. building dashboards, automating inventory accounting, etc.)
- Automating inventory reserve and warranty reserve accounting models.
- Prepare and analyze comprehensive and detailed reports.
- Provide analytical and operational support to the business units.
- Conduct analysis and develop insights that improve the quality of decision making.
- Collaborate with the Corporate FP&A, Supply Chain, Procurement, Customer care, other Accounting etc teams on inventory position and close deliverables.
- Build strong relationships and foster teamwork within the Controllership team, overall finance, and business partners.
- Record the key accounting estimate of inventory reserves and warranty reserves on quarterly basis with high accuracy.
- Complete ad hoc requests and develop new models if needed (e.g. acquisition).
- Understand and communicate financial results and trends to business management and make recommendations.
- Co-ordinate cross functionally with business partners on Inventory balances and any business exceptions.
- Analyze warranty trends and liabilities.
- Create presentation slides and dashboards to executive management on inventory/warranty data.
- Interact with internal and external auditors on inventory accounting and clear the audit with no adjustment.
- Perform controls in the inventory reserve and warranty reserve process to be SOX 404 compliant.
- Develop the team and build up success path for the team.
- 4 - 6 years of progressive development in Finance or Accounting
- Advanced proficiency in standard software applications including experience with arrays, nested formulae, index/match, lookups, and pivot tables; working knowledge of PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Hyperion Essbase and Oracle; database relationship structure knowledge
- Manage large amounts of financial data with the highest degree of accuracy; experience in building/maintaining/ improving financial models preferred
- Expert in using MS excel to automate processes and create new models
- Ability to understand various systems and integrate / automate information extracted
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to provide in-depth analysis and apply managerial accounting concepts, customer intelligence gathering, forecasting, analytical and statistical problem solving, financial, accounting, business and budget analysis.
- Customer driven with good oral and written communications skills and strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance
- Position requires routine interaction with key internal and external stakeholders, executives, directors, managers and staff across the organization.
- A passion for problem-solving, identifying trends and turning confusion into comprehension Education
- Bachelor or Equivalent degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Engineering; MBApreferred but not required
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
- Real passion for data visualization (proficiency in Tableau preferred)
- Some SQL/basic coding knowledge preferred.