Responsible for managing all technical aspects of international sales activities both pre- and post-sale. This will include proposal development technical support, planning and executing live-fire marketing events, overall management of the international training program, and overall management of the international warranty and spare parts programs. Ensure compliance with all relevant U.S. Govt. regulations regarding firearms, spare parts, accessories, and handcuffs; including the Arms Export Control Act (AECA), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), US Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Regulations, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (ATF) Regulations, and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) Regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the RMA process with sales administrators. Facilitate and supervise repair work and customer returns to reduce lead times in turning these products back to the field.
- Process owner for the Warranty Center program worldwide.
- Serve as the overall technical expert of the International Sales Department. Provide technical input to development of new products and annual international marketing strategies.
- Manage the new product development process (Military Rifle Program).
- Manage the marketing sample program for the international department.
- Audit quality of outgoing international shipments.
- Liaise with the Engineering Department to fulfill sales needs as required.
- Responsible for the technical aspect of all customer visits to the factory. This includes administrative and logistical functions of factory acceptance visits.
- Responsible for technical support in quotation and proposal development.
- Travel in support of warranty and quality assurance issues in the field.
- Responsible for live fire marketing events both home and abroad.
- Responsible for international armorer's and operator's training courses. This includes developing, adjusting and executing curricula for appropriate weapons and the unique demands of the customer.
- Lead the successful conduct of weapons trials in support of international sales programs
- Responsible for technical library management and control of product manuals, drafting new manuals and updating old manuals in conjunction with the Engineering Department.
- Develop and manage a spare parts sales program as source of revenue for the international sales channel.
- Approximate domestic and international travel between 25%-50%.
- Attend international trade shows as needed.
- In general, act as a S&W ambassador in support of the International Sales Department.
NOTE:This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience:
- Extensive technical knowledge in firearms is required. Should be able to troubleshoot problems in a field environment and conduct hasty repairs.
- Should be able to teach armorer's and operational training courses. Tactical understanding of firearms sufficient to conduct operator's training with the M&P family of weapons (rifles and handguns).
- Associates degree or equivalent related job training and experience.
- Military and/or law enforcement and/or shooting sports industry experiencepreferred. Diverse travelexperiences preferred -- should be culturally aware and able to communicate with a wide variety of customers from all over the world.
- Minimum 5 years sales, technical and/or training experience.
Competencies and Skills:
- Good command of the English language in both verbal and written communicative skills.
- Exceptional skills in MS Office Suite -- Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
- Knowledge of international business cultures.
- Excellent organizational skills; Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work independently.
- Must have current passport.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- Extended time in sitting position, prolong use of computer and possible eye strain.
- Works in an office environment.
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Able and willing to travel to distant international locations. This may include extended stays overseas with significant time spent outdoors in a variety of extreme environments.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
Within the Smith & Wesson manufacturing facility, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting. Work environment is like most manufacturing operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting, continuous exposure to hot temperatures, may be humid, odors, dust, continuous exposure to mechanical hazards, and occasional exposure to chemical hazards.
The following Personal Protective Equipment is required:
* Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when on manufacturing floor
The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.
Requisition Number SCB-2554 Location State Massachusetts Shift Schedule FLEX SW