Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation.
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
About the position
As an Manager, International Tax, you will work with our expanding tax team and play a key role in achieving Company and investor tax objectives. Join a dynamic, growing company and experience a broad range of challenging tax issues and compliance in the renewable energy industry. The international tax manager is responsible for overseeing all international tax financial reporting, compliance and planning. Manage a cross functional team of tax professionals and outside service providers to meet on-going business tax requirements and obligations. This position is located in our downtown Chicago office and reports to the Director of Tax.
- Assist with strategic international initiatives including planning, financial modeling, business development and monitoring tax law changes.
- Manage all aspects of the income tax provision (ASC 740) process.
- Manage international in-country service providers.
- Manage in-country and U.S. international tax compliance, including forms 5471, 8858, 8865, etc.
- Assist in managing Common Reporting Standard (CRS), Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and global transfer pricing.
- Assist with process and technology improvement initiatives.
- Manage business processes and/or projects, set priorities and measurable objectives, monitor and report on the process, progress and results.
- Works to enhance the organization's capabilities through effective team building, staffing and development of others.
- Mentor junior staff to achieve business results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or related field; Master's Degree in Taxation and/or CPA.
- Minimum of 5 -7 years of progressive tax experience.
- Analytical, solutions-focused mindset with the proven ability to work independently as well as collaborate cross-functionally.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional technical skills and analytical capabilities with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with software and system applications (OneSource, Oracle, Excel, MS Word, etc.) and ability to learn internal applications.
- Prior experience in the energy, power, real estate or infrastructure space is a plus.