Manager, International Sales
Responsible for managing international sales activities within assigned territory. This will include business development, and relationship management of customers, distributors, representatives, and agents to ensure consistency with company sales strategies and growth objectives. Manage implementation of all sales pricing, programs, distributor agreements and proposals for international sales opportunities. Responsible for sales activities in identified territories to meet annual sales plan. Ensure compliance with all relevant U.S. Govt. regulations regarding firearms, spare parts, accessories, and handcuffs; including the Arms Export Control Act (AECA), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), US Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Regulations, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (ATF) Regulations, and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) Regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage international sales activities, customers, distributors, representatives, and agents within assigned area of responsibility to ensure consistencywith company sales strategies and growth objectives.
- Manage implementation of all sales pricing, programs, distributor agreements and proposals for international sales opportunities.
- Work closely with internal personnel and other sales teams to maximize order fulfillment, production tracking, and export logistics necessary to attain company sales objectives.
- Visit international customers in order to conduct business development activities, make product presentations, or supervise technical services such as firing demonstrations, on-site warranty response, or operator/armorer training courses.
- Communicate customer requirements regarding product specifications andcontract terms for new sales, contracts and tenders.
- Gain and maintain effective relationships with distributors, customers, freight forwarders and intercompany departments. Must establish and maintain good rapport and communication with customers from a variety of countries, provide timely replies to all communication, and be able to interact andwork effectively with personnel throughout the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and U.S. Government regulations concerning international commerce of firearms, spare parts and accessories including but not limited to: the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations, INCO Terms, Bureau of Industry and Security Regulations, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Security and Exchange Commission Regulations within areas of responsibility.
- Ensure all required vetting documents are obtained from prospective customers and updates are received as required for existing customers within areas of responsibility. This includes the recruiting of new representatives and distributors.
- Assist with planning and execution of trade shows within the territory.
- Manage and coordinate sales reports regarding sales and forecasts asrequired for backorders, new orders, and forecasts for production planning.
- Assist with coordination and clearance of imported materials as requiredensuring compliance with U.S. Import regulations and subsequent Export regulations if applicable, including products being returned for repair/replacement.
- Suggest and execute special programs and promotions for international customers, including review of potential costs and benefits related toprogram, communication between customers and internal departments.
- Work with customers and the finance department regarding credit statusand accounts receivable.
- Seek opportunities for new business and develop proposals for foreign government tenders within the territory.
- Attend international trade shows as needed.
- Approximate domestic and international travel between 25%-50%.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related job training and experience.
- Military and/or law enforcement and/or shooting sports industry experiencepreferred.
- Minimum 5 years sales, technical and/or high level administrative experience.
Competencies and Skills:
- Good command of the English language in both verbal and written communicative skills.
- Exceptional skills in MS Office Suite -- Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
- Knowledge of international business cultures.
- Excellent organizational skills; Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work independently to meet sales goals.
- Must have current passport.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- Extended time in sitting position, prolong use of computer and possible eye strain.
- Works in an office environment.
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods oftime.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Able and willing to travel to distant international locations.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.