LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
Tommy Bahama is more than just an island inspired brand, it's a lifestyle! Live the Island Life as an ambassador of our brand, representing the season's stylish trends. We look for those who are passionate about growth as we offer a variety of rewarding positions, from sales to management. You will play an important role in our store leadership, inspiring your team to work together to achieve our goals, create an environment of aloha fun, while exceeding guest expectations - taking them someplace great. Come join us, share knowledge on latest designs and provide guest with world class service!
SET THE COURSE
Supports the growing International business. Manage relationships with international partners, including licensees, distributors and wholesale accounts, and ensure that their product needs are met. Assist International Vice President in the day-to-day management of the international business.
BE THE ISLAND GUIDE
- Assist the International Vice President in evaluating and selecting new international territorial licensees, distributors and wholesale customers, and negotiating agreements
- Set-up supply chain, oversee on-boarding and manage on-going interactions with new territorial licensees, distributors and wholesale customers, including establishing ordering and logistics processes for apparel and licensed products
- Serve as account manager for International license, distributor and wholesale partners
- Represent our International partners (Tommy Bahama operated and third-party managed territories) in meetings with key internal contacts --TB Retail Buying, International Retail Operations, Wholesale, Design, Sourcing, Marketing, Samples, Allocations, and Logistics and Warehouse teams.
- Partner with International Merchants in managing their buy process by representing and providing feedback from international merchants during apparel design meetings, attending seasonal sales meetings, making recommendations on seasonal product selection, creating and maintaining seasonal assortment templates and order forms, overseeing the timely issuance of purchase orders, and monitoring dropped styles & recommending substitutions.
- Support the process for supplemental Japan designed production: coordinate with the Japan merchant on seasonal planning, approve product for sampling, and arrange all design and other approvals for product development from Seattle.
- Support supplemental product design process for Australia: work with country manager to identify any gaps in the collection due to seasonality, represent country manager in design development meetings, provide country manager with design plans and provide country manager's feedback to design.
- Represent international partners to Accessories, Home, International Product licensees and other 3rd Party Vendors.
- Manage marketing inquiries from international partners, including securing marketing assets in line with usage rights and developing materials for promotions.
- Support International Vice President with the day-to-day management of the international business, including analyzing business performance and developing reporting.
- Provide data and information related to the International Business to support day to day operations, business analytics, and special projects as needed.
- Work with the various departments to develop processes, procedures, resources that support the international channel business requirements.
- Evaluate all international business processes and identify inefficiencies and gaps in existing business processes and work with business partners on solutions to these problems.
- Flexible for other duties as needed to help support the overall business.
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- Bachelors' degree in business, retail merchandising or related degree preferred.
- Generally, 6+yrs experience in Business or Sales and Merchandising role
- Third party vendor and licensee experience a plus.
- Product development experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with appropriate cultural sensitivity.
- Exceptional problem solving/decision making skills combined with the ability to be organized.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- A keen eye for fashion and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- High degree of flexibility to deal with new and unanticipated issues
- Highly knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel and other Office programs
- Familiarity with Blue Cherry or other ERP systems
- International business experience preferred.