Description : Responsibilities
- Assist in the design of internal controls, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in documenting financial/accounting/actuarial process flows, with a focus on internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Support the execution of management’s SOX risk assessment and scoping activities to ensure proper risk identification, process mapping and controls linkage for a sustainable internal control framework.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to internal controls over financial reporting and SOX.
- Prepare updates to management, to include management control remediation plans.
- Work with external auditors to plan and implement an assessment of the control environment, coordination of timing and execution of process walkthroughs, and a process for timely sharing of potential issues for resolution with respect to internal controls.
- Collaborate with the first line in development of action plans to assess the adequacy of action taken by management to correct reporting deficient conditions, accepting adequate corrective action and continuing reviews with appropriate management on action considered inadequate until satisfactory resolution.
- Collaborate with the second line the in development and implementation of a system to capture and track control deficiencies, as well as internal and external audit findings to resolution.
- Engage the second line in testing the design and operating effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting.
- Collaborate and assist in assessing control implications within the Issue Paper process.
- Assist in developing process and policies for reporting findings.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Typically five years of experience in internal controls, audit or risk management within the financial services industry.
- Experience working on internal audits and/or operational risk assessments.
- Ability to document and verbally communicate financial reporting processes in a clear and concise manner, including assessment of design and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Communication skills to educate/raise awareness of foundational elements/methodologies needed to support an internal control framework.
- Big 4 public accounting experience working with controls within the Sarbanes Oxley environment.
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. **
The salary for this position generally ranges between $80,000 - 115,000. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
This position is also typically eligible for an annual bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion at a rate of 10%.