Full timeFinanceCedar Rapids,Plano,BaltimoreTransamerica
Responsible for the day-to-day execution of the Aegon Americas Sarbanes Oxley controls program within the first line of defense. Responsible for the identification, assessment, oversight reporting and disclosure of all key controls across the company and to ensure the business procedures and/or financial controls are in compliance with applicable regulatory and corporate standards and practices. Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate business management and process owners, as well as risk management personnel (second line of defense).
- Manage the effort over the evaluation and design of internal controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct and document financial/accounting/actuarial process flows, with a focus on internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Support the execution of management’s SOX risk assessment and scoping activities to ensure proper risk identification, process mapping and controls linkage for a sustainable internal control framework.
- Assist in leading the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to internal controls over financialreporting and SOX.
- Assist in preparing updates to management, including management control remediation plans.
- Partner and liaise with external auditors to plan and implement an assessment of the control environment, coordination of timing and execution of process walkthroughs, and a process for timely sharing of potential issues for resolution with respect to internal controls.
- Develop processes and policies for reporting findings.
- Collaborate with the first line in development of action plans to assess the adequacy of action taken by management to correct reporting deficient conditions, accepting adequate corrective action and continuing reviews with appropriate management on action considered inadequate until satisfactory resolution.
- Collaborate with the second line the in development and implementation of a system to capture and track control deficiencies, as well as internal and external audit findings to resolution.
- Engage the second line in testing the design and operating effectiveness of internal control over financialreporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Seven years of progressive experience in internal controls, audit or risk management within the financial services industry.
- Experience working withinternal controls under Sarbanes Oxley and assessing control related risks.