Barnes Group Inc., Molding Solutions seeks a talented, self-driven and high-energy individual to serve as Manager of Internal Controls for the Strategic Business Unit (SBU). The Manager of Internal Controls provides strategic and tactical support within financial and control systems, in accordance with the organization’s growth objectives and long-term planning. The Manager of Internal Controls maintains and monitors compliance of the global control structure to ensure accuracy and integrity of the organization’s financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and ensuring a sustainable environment of controls across the global business unit as well as supporting strategic and commercial initiatives and decisions. If you are a disciplined and collaborative individual with effective leadership skills, demonstrated understanding of lean techniques who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can focus individual and team energies to deliver results, you may be an excellent candidate to join our team.
- Plans, coordinates, supervises and conducts internal audits according to agreed-upon schedules to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations. Assists with the annual financial statement audit, working closely with internal resources and the external auditors.
- Designing effective SBU control procedures and standard work instructions
- Analyzes data for deficiencies in controls, duplication of efforts, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Support Finance Director with business analysis. Providing data and support for operations excellence and SDP top level improvement initiatives.
- Inspects accounting systems to determine their access security and protective value. Conducts audits to discover mechanics of detected fraud and to develop controls for fraud prevention.
- Reviews organization’s internal and external relationships to ensure there is no conflict of interest.
- Work closely with Corporate Finance and Finance Director to ensure that there is adequate documentation, process flows and support for SOX/control compliance including any audit remediation actions.
- Acts as consultant to various functional areas of the business unit with regard to financial issues.
- Researches and interprets GAAP, FASB and ETIF pronouncements ensuring the organization is in compliance with industry-related accounting practices.
- Maintains effective relationships with business unit leadership, communicates emerging best practices, and provides internal control awareness and training for managers throughout the organization.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in accounting with at least four years of accounting and managerial experience in a mid to large size, publicly held, manufacturing company (or division thereof). Experience at a ‘Big 4’ or ‘Tier 2” accounting firm preferred.
- International experience within a global firm based in Europe or the US strongly preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of US GAAP and working in a SOX environment is required. Understanding of lean principles and techniques preferred.
- Strong knowledge and skills in financialreporting, planning, modeling, and metrics.
- Experience managing multi-site financial controls and demonstrated history of increasing responsibilities in financial leadership.
- Data driven, analytical approach to problem solving leading to systemic improvements and lasting results. Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement is an advantage.
- Impeccable integrity; superior interpersonal skills; able to communicate and engage personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel both nationally and internationally 20-30%
- BS degreerequired in Accounting. CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.