This position will report to the Director and Assistant Corporate Controller.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Evaluate the Company’s internal control environment and assess the design, effectiveness and adequacy of key processes based on walkthroughs and compliance testing including management/maintenance of enterprise-wide process, risk, controls matrix
- Establishing and maintaining internal control policies for the global organization
- Work with external auditors to plan and implement an assessment of the control environment, coordination of timing and execution of process walkthroughs, and a process for timely sharing of potential issues for resolution with respect to internal controls.
- Work with business process owners to ensure that exceptions from SOX testing are adequately remediated and re-tested in a timely manner; assist process owners with developing corrective action plans, including root cause analysis, as well as facilitate the remediation of control gaps
- Support segregation of duties, access and other reviews of control documentation.
- Monitor the Company’s use of outside service organizations, the receipt and analysis of the respective Service Organization Controls reports and maintenance of the appropriate user client controls. Evaluate deficiencies at the service organization for impact to the Company’s control environment.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of accounting and auditing standards, industry and technology trends with continual improvement recommendations identified and provide support for implementation
- Facilitates and coordinates (i.e. liaison) SOX testing and related activities with members of the Internal Audit team and the External Audit team
- Support implementation of internal controls at businesses that may be acquired by the Company
- Support process owners through training, reviewing, and providing guidance for controls within processes
- Develop Audit Committee reporting materials on the status of the Company’s SOX program
- Provide technical interpretation and write responses to control deficiencies including evaluating and rating the deficiencies (i.e. deficiency, significant deficiency, material weakness) by working with management and other members of Internal Audit to draft responses and action plans to address audit issues.
- Evaluation of errors and misstatements (i.e. quarterly SAB 99 listing) for potential internal control implications.
- Special projects, as required
To be successful in this role, your experience and competencies are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional accounting, finance or business process experience required; public accounting experience preferred
- Excellent understanding of internal controls, SOX and internal audit required
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and applications of accounting principles required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software with emphasis on excel skills. Experience with Oracle Cloud applications preferred
- Experience leading initiatives and projects with cross functional teams in a highly complex, fast-paced environment required
- Strong business acumen required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience working with a decentralized team of professionals in a matrix organization a plus
- Candidate must be proficient in a Microsoft Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written, analytical, problem-solving, verbal, listening, presentation and facilitation skills required
- Strong leadership and relationship-building capabilities, including the ability to lead/influence those not directly reporting to this role