This position is responsible for fostering the organizational culture to both preserve and improve culture and employee engagement. In close partnership with departmental relationships, this role works to ensure a single culture across multiples regions, offices, and departments. The key functions of this role are to create strong employee engagement, ensure internal adherence to PDC brand and messaging standards, and generate effective internal communications. This role requires the ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Monitor and promote PDC culture through active stewardship and advocacy of the core values and culture non-negotiables;
- Assess the culture to proactively identify ways to improve and advocates for continuous improvement of the employee experience;
- Advise HR and the Senior Management Team (SMT) on culture issues, ongoing culture governance, internal messaging to employees, and building strong relationships with employees;
- Proactively develop strong relationships with leadership and employees across the company through formal and informal engagement;
- Represent and balance a single culture across locations with perspectives and personalities of multiple regional offices;
- Represent culture and the employee voice in company discussions and relevant meetings;
- Set and execute yearly culture plan, including key business events, all-employee meetings, and other employee engagement events;
- Work with culture champions (known as ECO teams) in regional offices to ensure consistent vision, ongoing collaboration, and support for culture activities;
- Advocate for and creates mechanisms for timely and effective recognition of employees;
- Set and execute internal communications strategy and tactical plan;
- Manage and improve internal communications channels, including company newsletter and otherchannels that currently exist or may be created;
- Process and prioritize requests for internal communications support and executes internal communications campaigns to reach desired objectives;
- Develop internal messaging, copy, presentations, speeches, posters, and other communications collateral;
- Manage the annual Internal Assessment (employee engagement survey) process;
- Collaborate with other offices in PDC to ensure consistency and alignment in messaging and brand.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Experience managing culture, employee engagement, and/or internal communications strategy and program;
- Experience managing the strategy and effective use of internal communications channels, such as intranet, newsletters, posters, email, etc.;
- Commitment to continuously build culture-related skills, such as feedback, facilitation, communication, change management, organization development;
- Ability to manage internal communications requests and successfully prioritize and execute tasks and campaigns
- Ability to build strong and trusted relationships within all levels of an organization;
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically;
- Ability to accept ideas and feedback from multiple levels of the organization and determine best course of action;
- Experience in oil and gas/natural resources and desire to proactively stay informed on PDC and industry-specific news, progress, decisions, etc.;
- Expert written and verbal communication skills;
- Dynamic, energetic, and willing to innovate and experiment.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
There are no supervisory responsibilitiesassociated with this position at this time.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
Consistent with that of a normal office environment.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- 10+ years of professional experience in internal communications (required) and organizational culture (preferred);
- Bachelor’s degreerequired in Communications, Journalism, English, Business Management, Human Resources or equivalent;
- Familiarity with oil and gas industry preferred.