The Internal Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing all aspects of internal communications workplans. Working in close collaboration with cross-functional teams, the Internal Communications Manager will:
- Develop and implement communications and project management plans for internal campaigns and initiatives, completing objectives on time and within budget. Experience developing communications plans for diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives is a plus.
- Provide strategic counsel to internal clients on how to communicate information to employees.
- Create change management plans to support internal clients, including Human Resources, Facilities, Finance, Information Technology and others, in launching new systems, processes, and technologies to employees.
- Research, write and post corporate content to intranet.
- Assist internal clients in prioritizing, rewriting and preparing intranet content for migration to a new internal platform.
- Assist in management of various internal communications vehicles and platforms.
- Write and develop articles, brochures, emails, website content, social media posts, speeches, talking points, video scripts, PowerPoint presentations and other deliverables as needed.
- Plan and manage the production of large internal meetings for U.S.-based and global employees, including all hands meetings and round tables.
- Write strong, clear and compelling copy while maintaining consistency of voice, style, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Secure the appropriate approvals for all communications deliverables.
- Manage project teams; coach/mentor junior staff.
- Contribute, through everyday actions, to an organizational culture of diversity, commitment to social change, high performance, continuous quality improvement and innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in Journalism, English, Communications or
- related field
- At least 5-8 years of internal communications experience, preferably working within a non-governmental organization (NGO) focused on public health, international development or public policy
- Comprehensive knowledge of internal communications concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to both develop strategies and implement detailed plans
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with others
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage teams effectively to accomplish goals in a fast-paced environment
- Strong judgment in developing methods and evaluating criteria for
- performing duties and obtaining results
- Passion for working in a mission-oriented environment
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
Technology to be Used:
- Personal computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Microsoft SharePoint, e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones and other hand-held devices.