The Manager, Internal Communications, is responsible for developing and implementing internal communication strategies for the BD Life Sciences segment as well as the BD Biosciences Business Unit.
The Manager, Internal Communications, will be a member of the Corporate Communication function as well as the BD Biosciences Human Resources teams. This position will report directly to the Director, Corporate Communication, with a strong dotted line to the VP HR, BD Biosciences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, champion and successfully implement global internal communication strategies by partnering with business and HR leaders to keep programs aligned to business goals and engagement objectives.
- Create, gain approval and implement a comprehensive global, internal communication plan, including managing messages, deliverables and timing.
- Support senior leadership to communicate company goals, priorities and progress; connect associates to our business priorities and enhance engagement.
- Work at both the strategic and tactical levels to develop communication programs, materials and content; deliver across internal platforms, channels and geographies.
- Work as partner to the corporate communication team, along with segment/business leadership, to develop communication strategies, programs and materials.
- Develop and maintain ongoing management of communication vehicles (e.g. Intranet, Town Halls, newsletters, Yammer and other corporate channels that may be appropriate).
- Measure and report communication effectiveness.
- Support communication and engagement in Inclusion & Diversity initiatives.
- Partner to develop a communication strategy that supports and reinforces the cultural changes the business is striving to achieve.
- Bachelor’s Degree required – preferably in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Business or related field.
- Minimum 4-6 years’ professional experiencerequired. Communication experience in a corporate environment is a plus.
- Candidate will be asked to provide writing samples.
- Must be a strong writer, editor and proof-reader.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to work at both the strategic and tactical levels - willing to roll up sleeves to get the job done.
- Excellent customer service orientation, flexible attitude, adaptable to change, team player and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong ability to collaborate and capable of building consensus and strong working relationships within a highly matrixed organizational structure.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, take initiative and act independently, and work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain discretion and appropriately manage confidential information.
- Able to influence “up and down” to achieve project objectives (i.e. soliciting and reconciling feedback from multiple sources).
- Solid organizational, communication and interpersonal skills; experience interacting with senior leaders a plus.
Job ID R-330892