Internal Audit Manager
You believe life is about aiming high and making an impact. At Sun Life Financial, we work together, share common values and help each other grow and achieve goals.
With roots tracing back to 1865 in Canada, Sun Life Financial has grown to become an established and trusted name in insurance and financial services, with offices and operations in key markets around the world. We recognize that our growth, success and reputation for excellence are due in large measure to our talented and dedicated employees.
Reporting to the Director, Internal Audit, and based in Toronto, ON the incumbent will be responsible for planning, managing and participating in complex internal audit engagements and projects associated with various actuarialprocesses. The role is also responsible for fostering a proactive, high performance team environment.
- Work effectively with business areas and influence management to improve risk awareness and control environment.
- Conduct and manage complex audit engagements from planning, execution to reporting.
- Ensure adequate focus on high risk areas, proper coverage and consideration of auditing principles and practice
- Provide appropriate level of direction, coaching and supervision on all assignments
- Monitor the progress of audit projects and provide appropriate leadership in completing the project according to department objectives
- Prepare and/or review internal auditreports of findings and recommendations for delivery to management
- Lead audit meetings with clients
- Monitor audit findings to ensure effective resolution
- Assist in developing the annual audit plan for assigned client group
- Actively build and manage relationships with business partners
- Recommend revisions to audit policies, procedures, and programs
- Professional with a minimum of 4 years Internal auditexperience (CPA or CIA preferred);
- Strong technical audit skills and a solid understanding of risk and controls;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate, influence and network effectively
- Proven team management and development skills
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Limited travel to Waterloo may be required