The Manager Internal Auditor is responsible for planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance related audits/reviews of WSP Group. A secondary role is to provide advice on internal control to WSP Group, including responding to questions on risk management techniques. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities.
- Plans financial, IT, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Coordinates work with Risk, Legal, Compliance and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit.
- Conducts risk assessments and evaluates adequacy and performance of controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Assess, evaluates and promotes compliance to internal WSP Group policies.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within WSP Group.
- Researches new technical tools when required to support audits.
- Provides feedback on performance of Internal Auditors, on audit assignments, as applicable.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Excellent knowledge of business operations and risk-based auditing attained through 15+ years of progressive work experience.
- Knowledge of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards.
- Ability to manage projects and, when required, supervise auditors.
- Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments and to manage multiple demands.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. (Spanish, German, French as a second language would be a plus)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the big picture.
- A post-secondary degree preferably in business or finance
- Travelling 10% to 20%.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is desirable.
- CPA/MBA designation, or senior level status, is desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, and Visio. Experience with Tableau, Power BI, a GRC type software would be a plus.