The Principal, Internal Auditor partners with Mr. Cooper management to collaboratively identify and creatively mitigate risks.
As a manager of the audit team, lead the evaluation of operational, financial and compliance practices and develop ideas to help clients creatively manage risk while building strong relationships, departmental credibility and demand for audit services.
Deliver outstanding audit services to business partners and act as a leading member of the Mr. Cooper team of risk management and audit professionals.
Essential Job Functions
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships and build partnerships with audited areas to ensure mutual understanding of risks, audit scope, procedures and reporting progress.
- Supervise and coach the audit team including for all projects assigned; ensuring assignments are adequately planned in advance, answering questions, providing technical assistance to the audit staff, ensuring work is performed in accordance with company and internal audit standards and providing staff assessments with input from the Assistant Vice President or Vice President.
- Coordinate and execute audit activities with other departments to secure resources needed to evaluate programs and conduct audits.
- Prepare audit reports and provide review and edits to staff draft audit reports (and other correspondences) to ensure clarity, conciseness and comprehensibility. Ensure that audit reports clearly communicate the risks, in terms of impact to the business and root cause, and key audit issues from a senior management and Audit Committee prospective.
- Work with business management to develop creative, practical recommendations and solutions to business process and control concerns. Provide monitoring, reporting and review of the status of outstanding audit findings.
- Advise and coordinate with other departments about policies, procedures and process improvements.
- Assist the Assistant Vice President or Vice President of Internal Audit on special projects and assignments.
- Represent Internal Audit for major company initiatives and provide guidance on issues relating to risk management, controls and processes.
- Provide assistance and guidance to the external auditors to ensure a timely and efficient completion of their audits.
Functional Job Competencies
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Ability to lead the development of staff objectives, provide insight and guidance to establish benchmarks and output, follow up on a regular basis to assure objectives are met, and coach staff to maximize performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks and oversee multiple projects
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
Eight years progressively responsibleexperience in performance auditing in one or more of the following fields:
- Financial/Operational Auditing
- External Auditing
- Information Systems Auditing
Certification as a CIA, CPA, CMA, or CISA
Prior Mortgage servicing industry experience a plus
Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
Job Requisition ID: