This position will be a part of the company’s growing Internal Audit department. Under the direction of the VP of Internal Audit, the position will be responsible for overseeing and implementing internal audit and SOX programs. Provides management with a review of accounting, financial, information systems and other operations by measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of accounting and management controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assisting in overseeing and performing operational, compliance, IT and financialaudits for a broad range of functions throughout the corporation.
- Develop and execute an effective internal audit program designed to assess risk and test internal controls.
- Develop and execute annual SOX testing plan, based on an assessment of Business/IT/Financial risk.
- Devise strategies to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and/or other regulatory requirements.
- Provide recommendations for business process improvements and internal controls.
- Administer the appropriate internal control environment for the company, including Sarbanes-Oxley implementation and internal audit.
- Conduct and oversee field audits. Prepare and submit audit findings and recommendations that will be presented to senior management and external auditors.
- Test and document internal controls or review the test work performed by staff and seniors, including but not limited to manual controls, IT general controls, interfaces, automated controls, key reports and queries.
- Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Work closely with external auditors to provide support and coordinate planning efforts
This position will be responsible for supervising Internal Audit staff and Senior Internal Audit staff. (3 direct reports)
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Communication skills – Works closely with and presents valuable data to other teams, managers, and stakeholders
- Organization skills – Is very organized and able to prioritize workload
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting or related discipline from four-year college or university and five to seven years related experience, including work in internal audit. IT auditexperiencepreferred. Recognized accounting/auditing/information system certification required (e.g. CPA, CISA, CIA, CISSP). SOX documentation experiencerequired. Previous Big Four experiencepreferred.
Must have understanding and experienceworking with Sarbanes-Oxley legislative requirements.
- Understanding of multiple technology platforms including Windows and Unix, as well as best practices for software development, security, database management and networking (preferred).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Strong knowledge of ACL preferred
Successful candidates must be available to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary. Must be able to travel up to 25% if needed.