- Assist with detailed scoping/planning for testing of internal controls to ensure applicability of controls to be tested.
- Propose and/or maintain Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) federal accounting law compliance framework control changes (i.e. additions/deletions/modifications) and participate in the change management process.
- Prepare and/or amend detailed test plans for financial controls in compliance with testing SOX requirements.
- Inform management and key process owners of relevant SOX requirements.
- Provide technical audit support for external auditors with regard to internal audit work for SOX compliance.
- Perform walkthroughs of key controls over financial reporting, as needed.
- Perform testing of key controls over financial reporting as needed.
- Review documentation updates of business processes and related controls to support process owners with their responsibility for adequate and/or optimal financial and accounting control design.
- Support the preparation of SOX compliance and status reporting, including a write-up of deficiencies as needed.
- Ensure that clients comprehend SOX/ICFR requirements that affect financial reporting and assist in the design of appropriate internal controls around new business processes.
- Assist in the review of responses to control deficiencies to validate proper classification for evaluation.
- Participate as an integral part of the team, exhibiting ownership, follow through, initiative, awareness and effective communication.
- Assist in the integration of business acquisitions.
- This position works with significant independence but does not supervise other employees.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field and five years of experience.
Work Site Location: Position requires local travel to client sites in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties.