Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning Incorporated focuses on building a diverse global workforce where differences are celebrated, and employees feel safe bringing their “whole selves” to work. Our Diversity Network hosts 18 active and distinctive Employee Resource Groups. Employees have access to Allyship resources, podcasts, an internal video channel, digital learning series and trainings, all focused on building and celebrating global diversity and inclusion. Corning has been recognized as a leader in this regard and has been consistently recognized as a national employer of choice.
- Develop and deliver internal communications plans and projects that build employee engagement and support corporate communications objectives
- Lead centralized strategic planning for internal communications with corporate and BU teams
- Work with director, Internal & External Communications in development of communications strategies
- Supervise and develop staff with an emphasis on skill-building that develops them as communications professionals and future leaders.
- Develop content planning processes and tools
- Lead development and roll-out of strategic content pillars
- Develop and execute strategy to measure communications effectiveness, reach, and engagement; standardize measurement across internal communications
- Work with IT and vendors to establish best practices for reaching non-connected employee audiences
- Outline strategy to increase internal thought-leadership opportunities for corporate and BU leaders
- Identify and manage vendors and consultants as needed to support objectives
- Create communications plans that create strong pull for the various technologies that are preparing for commercialization
- Drive strong linkages and collaboration between Corporate Communications and the BUs for internal activities
- Coordinate with leadership to ensure overall communications programs are achieving metrics for annual plans and projects
- Pursue internal opportunities for executive leadership team to be positioned as thought leaders
- Work closely with the Director to manage the financials for Internal and External Communications to ensure accuracy
- Ability to lead, organize, and prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to think and communicate clearly, formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues, and create a concise and well-written narrative
- Prior experience and proven track record of delivery on major internal communications campaigns
- Experience with global communications and working with international leaders and teams
- Demonstrated experience in working with top management and leadership. • Experience developing relevant content for a diverse, remote, and mobile workforce
- Experience creating metrics to measure communications effectiveness, reach, and engagement
- Strong editing skills, including proficiency in Associated Press style
- Capacity to work well under pressure with ability to adapt to changing project requirements and deadlines
- Ability to represent the Director at meetings with functional and BU leaders
- Strong change management skills
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated work ethic and a commitment to delivering outstanding work
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Confident advocate of new ideas
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated to achieve excellence
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially in listening, problem solving, and influencing
- Ability to work flexible schedules to accommodate different global time zones
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment with changing requirements
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field required.
- Minimum seven years of communications experience, preferably in corporate communications, public relations, journalism, or communications-related field.