Overview and Responsibilities
In collaboration with the Sr. Director of International Promotions and Licensing, the Manager of International Promotions and Licensing will work to maintain key accounts across all international territories, formulate, evaluate and execute promotional and licensing opportunities across all Viacom properties in international with a focus on Latin America including concept and product development.
Coordinate with the Director of International Licensing for the Americas (Latin America and Canada) and the local AE’s and agents in Latin America to identify local and regional promotional/licensing opportunities.
Collaborate with Viacom’s ad sales teams to strategize the launch of products and programs and beyond to add incremental revenue to Viacom. Work with International PartnershipMarketing to identify new ad sales initiatives that can be used for both 360 opportunities with current and new client pitches, such as: Slime Fest, KCA’s, Paw Patrol Days, etc.
Negotiate and execute consumer products agreements, contract extensions and addendum's for key licenses from the US and international in concert with cross functional teams (e.g. marketing, finance, legal, royalty accounting).
Maintain global promotions calendar and licensing status sheet to update all AE’s on local, regional, international and global programs across licensing and promotions. Work with the AE’s in getting the necessary approvals for new deals.
Develop and keep up to date the sales materials and strategic decks to pitch existing and new category opportunities internationally/regionally including but not limited to: banks, airlines, automobiles, insurance, government entities, retail, travel, etc.
- Collaborate with Sr. Director to identify key categories on an international and/or a regional level to pitch Viacom opportunities.
- Maintain global and international status sheets for both promotion and licensing deals.
- Clear categories for both licensing and promotions on a local/regional and international level
- Liaison with Director of Licensing, all AE’s, Ad Sales and US team to coordinate pitches, creative concepts and discussions with strategic partners
- Manage information sharing of case studies, sponsorship of key priorities and information flow.
- Build a relationship with the partners and keep track of the state of the business for existing deals in order to identify potential risks and/or incremental revenue opportunities.
- 5 plus years of experience working in the promotional and/or licensing category
- A passion for the Nickelodeon and MTV brands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
- Track record of innovation and willingness to take creative risks and stretch the brand when appropriate
- Ability to operate quickly and calmly within a large, complex, high pressure, dynamic environment, while setting and maintaining key priorities and goals
- Highly collaborative and flexible: strong diplomatic/influencing skills
- Brainstorm new ideas and think out of the box to create new and high profile partnerships
- Travel amount required: around 20%-25% of the time