What is expected of you for success in this role
- Establishes strong customer relationships throughout defined geography
- Builds strong regional relationships with commercial sales and customer service counterparts and teams.
- Perform select Account Management functions for assigned customers.
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction and delivering a high quality experience for all customers.
- Drives close collaboration with Sales, Service and Support teams
- Manages professional and /or clinical staff to include Consultants, HIT, Pharmacist, Nurses, etc.
- Build strong team environment, culture of teamwork, collaboration, continuous improvement and customer excellence.
- Has accountability for managing financial resources.
- Provides technical guidance to employees in general product knowledge and implementation.
- Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies.
- Has in-depth expertise in own job family and knowledge of the related job families.
- Applies expertise to improve effectiveness and provide guidance to employees in own area.
- Demonstrates a commitment to meeting/exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to manage complex and multi-faceted customer issues by leveraging strong relationships both internal and external.
- Displays honest empathy regarding customers' concerns and issues; determines customers' needs and expectations and responds accordingly.
- Adopts customers' perspectives in order to understand their expectations; makes decisions in accordance with customer perspectives and cultural sensitivities.
- Utilizes knowledge of customers' offerings and collaborates with others as necessary to make recommendations that consider the impact of key business drivers.
- Advises customers on the potential impact of industry trends and external business pressures in light of their business strategy.
- Ability to absorb strategic product roadmap and articulate high level vision to customer stakeholders.
- Integrates knowledge of BD’s organization structure into solutions development
Leveraging Functional Expertise
- Applies comprehensive understanding of general concepts within own functional area to recommend solutions; demonstrates understanding of key business drivers.
- Collaborates with all relevant parties to deliver consulting services.
- Tracks resource utilization and ensures that usage complies with budgets and protocols; identifies areas of concern.
- Recognizes unnecessary workflow steps and identifies synergies among processes to improve productivity; eliminates non-value added tasks.
- Maintains a strong focus on delivering high quality work; holds self to high quality standards.
Results Measurement and Commitment
- Uses available tools to identify shortcomings in protocols, programs or deliverables; participates in cross business team(s) to gather input on service.
- Performs comprehensive studies of measurements against budgets and objectives; suggests improvements based on knowledge of best practices.
- Assists in initiating process changes; collects follow-up data to determine if implemented improvements meet expected outcomes.
- Strategic Thinking - Interprets internal / external business issues / interdependencies and adapts work priorities in own area.
- Establishes short-term goals and assists in the definition of strategic plans for own work area.
- Change Leadership - Embraces culture of change by authentically communicating the benefits, encouraging two-way communication, building an understanding of the change process and effectively addressing questions / concerns.
- Recognizes change roadblocks within one's own team and implements change management tactics to overcome them.
- Global Mindset - Considers cultural and geographic differences when planning and making decisions.
- Builds effective, diverse teams that are inclusive of cultural differences.
- Select and Develop Talent - Recognizes development needs and capability gaps in own area and arranges specific learning opportunities to address them.
- Constructively coaches and gives appreciative feedback to support others' development.
- Proactively identifies extraordinary talent internally and externally and communicates the value proposition to attract them to the organization.
- Inspirational Leadership - Cascades high performance goals through the function / work area to the individual level and ensures individuals understand how they can contribute.
- Clearly articulates expectations of how individual contributions support the function's success.
- Provides inspiration for the team by identifying innovative ways to recognize successes.
- Results Orientation - Drives team to achieve established goals in proactive and pragmatic manner; adjusts plan of action accordingly to maneuver obstacles and achieve success.
- Manages budget for own area, allocates resources and delegates accordingly, applying knowledge of profit drivers within own area / department.
- Personal Courage - Takes appropriate risks and makes decisions, which may be difficult and / or unpopular, and takes accountability for outcomes.
- Influences employees to support decisions by presenting the rationale / business case.
- Self-Awareness - Demonstrates acute awareness of the impact of one's emotions and interpersonal style on others and adjusts behaviors as needed.
- Actively seeks feedback to reflect on own performance and managerial capabilities.
- Considerable decision making capability.
- Sensitivity to accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to hire, train and evaluate staff.
Education or Equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred or equivalent education and work experience.
Experience or Equivalent:
- Expertise in HIS/PIS systems and pharmacy and nursing workflow.
- Ten or more years in a healthcare environment with technical (systems) involvement and computerized system applications.
- Dispensing software technologies experience a plus.
- Desire a working knowledge of a variety of software applications, including BD Medical Systems products and exposure to solution design processes.
- Experience with integrated delivery networks/enterprise level health systems required.
- Experience with managing virtual teams.
- Demonstrated success in driving customer satisfaction and quality.
- Microsoft, HIT, DBMS
- Ability to work independently from home office.
- Position requires flexible working hours, including some nights and weekends.
- Travel may range from 10% - 30%, overnight travel.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
Job ID R-24467