The investment in training and education for Sephora employees is unparalleled in the retail industry—both in product knowledge and in career development. Our education department is integral to the success of the company because we strongly believe that investing in our employees as beauty experts is what sets us apart. From product 101 to application techniques to artistry and trend, the education department drives the training strategy and provides the tools for our store employees to be the most knowledgeable in the industry.
Your role at Sephora:
The Manager, Instructional Design is responsible for developing innovative and engaging learning experiences to support the overall store curriculum and client experience. This includes managing a team of Instructional Designers as well as working collaboratively with Subject Matter Experts and Creative Production teams to create blended learning solutions. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of advanced instructional design and people management skills and is passionate about building best in class learning. You will also:
- Manage, lead, coach and develop Instructional Designers, providing guidance on prioritizing and performance
- Design and develop scalable blended instructor-led and digital learning curriculums, job aids, assessment tools, and facilitator guides that leverage adult learning best practices to maximize learner retention
- Coordinate, manage and execute all aspects of training development including project scoping, storyboarding, building and revising training based on SME input
- Establish and maintain relationships with cross functional partners, identify SME needs, and streamline multiple content sources for cohesive storytelling and optimal learner retention
- Ensure training content adheres to overall Education and Sephora strategy, as well as technical specifications and brand guidelines
- Be the Subject Matter Expert on development trends/training tools and continuously explore new and innovative methodologies
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders proposing innovative learning solutions to support organization needs and advocate for the learner experience
- Serve as a consultant and initial signoff, providing feedback to team members on existing or newly created content
- Partner with Creative Production Team (graphic designers, eLearning developers, copywriter, multimedia producer etc.) to support training development, as needed
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative
We're excited about you if you have:
- 7+ years and instructional design experience focused on instructor-led, digital (i.e. eLearning, webinars, interactive pdfs etc.) and blended learning
- 7+ years people management experience, ability to develop and lead teams
- Demonstrated expertise in advanced Instructional Design methodologies; experience in curriculum development for retail, beauty or corporate environments preferred
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Advanced process improvement and critical thinking skills; proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- Excel in managing ambiguity in a fast-paced changing environment; ability to work proactively with various levels within the Education department
- Proficient in various eLearning tools (Articulate 360, Captivate 2017, Camtasia etc), Responsive Design, Audio editing program (i.e. Audacity), and Learning Management Systems (i.e. Cornerstone) a plus
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Create Cloud and Microsoft Office
- Experience with graphic design, video, micro-learning, responsive design, gamification, simulations, animation/motion graphics preferred
- Ability to travel as needed
You'll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product ("gratis") various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and "Summer Fridays" (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day) and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora's parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora's Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District, but you won't hear us call it a headquarters – it's the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client's every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it's not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.