Are you thirsty to be part of one of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar spirits brands – Jameson, Absolut, Kahlúa, Avion – just to name a few? Are you looking for a place to bring your passion to work every day and live by values of openness, simplicity, collaboration and entrepreneurship? Are you a champion of consumer centricity? If yes – this could be the perfect role for you!
Our Insights team is at the heart of our transformation vision in how we build brands, go to market, and delight consumers. We’re thought leaders for senior executives, and we’re at the center of several cross-functional change initiatives. As part of an expanding Portfolio Growth team, we’re building game-changing capabilities that are anchored in consumer demand.
The Manager, Insights & Strategy is responsible for driving insights strategy and activation for a variety of brands and initiatives at Pernod Ricard USA. This person will proactively identify knowledge gaps, uncover insights, and drive learnings to action with senior marketing partners. The Manager will be a champion of deep consumer and demand moment understanding, with broad application to drive communication, innovation, and renovation strategy.
The successful candidate for this role will:
- Have successful experience leading insights strategy & activation across multiple brands
- Demonstrate ability to proactively influence strategy through insights
- Know how to prioritize knowledge gaps, build holistic learning plans, and tell consumer stories
- Have a well-balanced background with various insights experiences and a broad research toolkit
- Be insatiably curious about consumers & culture, and creative in exploring new ways to learn
- Have a passion for partnering with analytics to drive holistic consumer & market understanding
- Lead insights strategy and activation for a variety of brands and initiatives – ultimately delivering actionable insights to drive communication, innovation, and renovation
- Establish annual learning agendas to advance brand objectives, driving alignment with local & global partners and ensuring maximum impact in company planning cycles
- Activate demand segmentation insights and instill empathy on demand moments with business partners
- Integrate data, trends, and primary research to illuminate consumer opportunities, with a focus on storytelling to drive action
- Maintain strong relationships with global Center of Excellence and Brand Company insights partners
Scope of Role:
- The Manager, Insights & Strategy reports to a Senior Manager, supporting a variety of brands and initiatives that will be further specified upon placement.
- The Insights team is part of a new Portfolio Growth team alongside Business Intelligence, reporting up to a Chief Transformation Officer.
- The Manager will work closely with US marketing partners and global insights partners to build best-in-class learning plans and uncover actionable learnings.
- The Pernod Ricard US Insights team has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Global Insights Center of Excellence located in Paris.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
Experience / Background:
- 5+ years of insights experience, with a broad research toolkit and activation success stories
- 5+ years leading primary quantitative & qualitative research
- Experience blending quantitative & qualitative learning for a clear story and action plan
- Experience building holistic learning plans that integrate data, trends, and primary research
- Experience analyzing syndicated shopper data (e.g. Nielsen, IRI, Numerator)
- Proven ability to influence a diverse set of stakeholders
- Experience in spirits, alcohol, beverages, or other image-based categories preferred
- Experience driving insights on global brands and working in a global insights community preferred
5) Working Conditions:
Estimate: 10% of time.
- Motivates and engages peers and teams to support and facilitate change
- Translates the organization’s vision into clear, specific and achievable plans
- Builds relationships outside and within the organization and maintains strong, long-term relationships
- Incorporates understanding of the connections between areas of the business into decisions
- Challenges the status quo by thinking out of the box and taking educated risks
- Exemplifies a personal commitment and desire to achieve desired obstacles
- Gains commitment by highlighting areas of agreement and focusing efforts on resolving areas of disagreement
- Measures and tracks key business results and processes to assess performance
- Effectively manages time by identifying and removing “time wasters” for self and teams
- Maintains composure and high performance standards in a challenging environment
- Actively shares lessons learnt from past experiences and knowledge of best practices