The Manager Infrastructure & Operations is responsible for the effective management of infrastructure activities in support of a technology services environment. The incumbent in this position provides tactical and strategic planning and direction for the technology functions and/or technology teams. The position facilitates and directs the development and administration of the technology systems and functions to ensure that enterprise technology goals are met. This requires a thorough understanding of the entire scope of the enterprise technology goals and how each function, systems platform, or service meets business requirements and the interrelationship of the business areas of the enterprise.
How you will make an impact:
- Plays an active role in the recruitment, evaluation, motivation, development, promotion, and performance improvement processes of the team.
- Defines team scope and objectives of planning processes which include develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and monthly status reports.
- Conducts team meetings and is responsible for team tracking and analysis.
- Plans, directs, monitors, and participates in development activities for team's projects; Responsible for the quality of project deliverables.
- Creates annual maintenance and project budgets, keeping the executive team up to date on the latest technologies that could help the company to succeed.
- Manages relationship with all service and support vendors and defines and communicates expectations.
- Reviews, manages, and resolves complex and highly complex problems involving one or more teams, systems or functions. Undertakes and oversees the process of defining problems and implementing solutions.
- Manages positive and proactive relationships with other managers within IT and across supported business units.
- Develops metrics and reports for management and executive management use.
- Develops and implements program plans including scope, resource requirements, new program ideas, best practice protocols, and communications.
- Creates and establishes program goals, objectives, and deliverables to reflect program vision, while working in partnership with cross-functional teams.
- This list is not all-inclusive and you are expected to perform other duties as requested or assigned.
What we look for:
- Highly knowledgeable in preparing business plans, IT plans, Technology Road maps and technical project proposals.
- Experience with infrastructure services and applications systems.
- 8+ years w/Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience with at least 1+ years in a supervisory/management role.
- Ability to analyze business requirements and recommend the right solutions in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge in preparing and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated use of ingenuity and creativity by taking actions to direct the analyses and solutions of problems.
- Knowledge of project development life cycle, including the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, build and manage high performing teams.
- Ability to research and maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology.
- Demonstrated successful, efficient and effective communication with all levels of IT and across business stakeholders.