The Winnipeg Airports Authority (WAA) is a community-based, non-share capital corporation that operates, manages, maintains and invests in the Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport and affiliate businesses. Operating on a multi-site property, WAA is responsible for airport operations, security, facilities, parking, ground transportation and communications. With an ever-expanding airport campus, WAA is a critical player in the development of one of Canada’s strategic transportation hubs. As a recurrent “Top Manitoba Employer,” WAA prides itself as an organization that attracts engaged employees with the right skills, in the right place, and at the right time. http://www.waa.ca
WAA is seeking a constructive and consultative leader to manage daily infrastructure operations and direct the infrastructure team and contracted service providers.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Services and CFO, the Manager, Infrastructure is responsible for managing projects carried out on airport property and all processes and associated systems related to each project. This key individual will work closely with all stakeholders at the airport and oversee a broad range of activities, enhance operations, implement improvements and ensure processes run effectively and efficiently in a time-sensitive environment. S/he will be an integral part of building future operations and essential in the development and expansion of the overall Winnipeg Airport Campus.
- Accountable for day-to-day infrastructure operations including a wide range of construction activity, major repairs, airport runway rehabilitation, new buildings/developments and additional projects as needed;
- Execute infrastructure strategy and modify established methods and procedures when necessary;
- Provide guidance and leadership to staff, consultants and other stakeholders on matters relating to infrastructure;
- Plan, organize and direct vigorous and competing timelines and projects, maintaining communication with various stakeholders throughout;
- Manage passenger-facing service level standards and arrange urgent and emergency repairs/service by internal or external sources;
- Train, coach and mentor infrastructure staff members, with emphasis on employee engagement, job sharing and rotation of job function to maximize production and achieve results;
- Manage Technical Data Centre and track performance through KPI’s/metrics to improve turnaround for project delivery and allocation of resources;
- Monitor compliance with applicable regulations including aviation, safety and security matters, and perform investigations relating to infrastructure activities as necessary; and
- Build and maintain exchange programs with other airports and airport authorities as appropriate.
- University degree and/or college diploma in engineering and/or equivalent years of experience;
- Demonstrated progressive leadership success, especially leading large teams;
- Resourceful individual, with the ability to manage multiple initiates and on-going agendas;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-function business partners;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Enthusiastic and motivated individual who inspires confidence and keeps calm under pressure;
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Transport Security Clearance; and
- Knowledge of airport and airline operations an asset.