The Manager of Information Technology role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Enforce corporate security Policies, Standards, and Procedures
- Enforce Identity Access Mgmt (IAM) and Privileged Access Management (PAM) standards to ensure audit compliance.
- Act as technical lead for internal IT audits
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including Service desk and technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Engage in ongoing communications with peers in the Systems and Networking groups as well as the various business groups to ensure enterprise wide understanding of IT goals, to solicit feedback and to foster co-operation.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s department head, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Maintain Corporate Internal Controls Audit and Compliance requirements
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science and minimum 8yrs experience
- Certifications in ITIL a plus
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including mobile devices (Android & iOS).
- Strong technical knowledge of Windows server and desktop environments
- Strong technical knowledge of storage infrastructure
- Strong technical knowledge of WiFi infrastructure
- Strong technical knowledge of Active Directory
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including full TCP/IP stack
- Strong understanding of ITIL Incident Management and Change Management process
- O365 experience and knowledge
- Strong understanding of Video Conferencing technologies
- Proven experience in IT infrastructurearchitecture and deployment
- Strong understanding of Operating System hardening standards
- Extensive knowledge of Role Based Access Controls (RBAC)
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced, environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.